Machine Assistant - #100521
Date: 04/19/2022 23:30 PM
City: Little Chute, Wisconsin
Salary: $1,824 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
We are global, we are impacting the lives of millions every day, we are making a difference!
At Amcor we are inspired to change the packaging industry and are taking on the aspirational challenge to make all our products recyclable or reusable by 2025. Through our products and global footprint, we are in a unique position to truly make a difference in the packaging space. Our products impact the lives of millions of people across the globe every day from food, beverage, pharmaceutical, medical, home- and personal-care, and other essential products. Amcor is a thriving S&P 500 organisation listed both on the NYSE (AMCR) and ASX (AMC) with US$13 billion in sales. We have a proud history dating back to the 1860’s and come a long way from a single paper mill based in Melbourne to becoming the global leading packaging company. Today, Amcor is an international organisation empowering its 50,000 employees in over 40 countries and across 250 sites
Will you be next to join our journey towards a more sustainable future? At Amcor we are always looking for talented and passionate individuals who are motivated to make a difference. Working at Amcor means you will have a unique opportunity to be a part of an organisation that is committed to providing sustainable packaging solutions
Amcor Flexibles North America (AFNA), a division of Amcor, operates across 35 plants and employs 9,000 colleagues within North America with headquarters in Chicago, IL and Oshkosh, WI. AFNA makes flexible packaging solutions for food and beverage, healthcare, and home and personal care applications
To provide support to Amcor Little Chute in the areas of machine operating, quality assurance, rework, packaging, wrapping and cleaning. You will be assisting operating as a thermoforming assistant- making K-cups for Keurig coffee makers!
- Monday to Friday on 2nd Shift (3p-11p), Weekends off!
- Sunday to Thursday on 3rd Shift (11p-3p)
Compensation: $18.24/hour + $1.20/hour for "off-shift" premiums! Upon starting, you will start training to become a machine operator which starts at $21.50/hour + premiums!
- Health & Wellness: Health Insurance, Pharmacy Coverage, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Basic Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Supplemental Life Insurance & Dependent Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability Coverage, Confidential Employee Assistance Program, Wellness Rewards Program
- Retirement: 401(k) match up to 8%, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training & Education: Tuition Reimbursement
- Up to $1,500 retention bonus after one year of employment (*must be in good standing at date of payout)
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
- Act as a safety leader and put safety first in all responsibilities.
- Report all injuries, near misses or property damage prior to the end of the day of the incident.
- Operate the machine including start ups, shutdowns and help with set ups.
- Scan inputs and outputs to the line and other required locations
- Verify specification, labels and materials match.
- Communicate defects found during inspection and replace with good products
- Keep the facility clean - sweep/mop floors, wipe down equipment, carts and tooling per the 5S/CILT schedule
- Actively Quality Improvement projects and Continuous Improvement efforts.
- Mentor and Train new employees according to procedures
- Follow all plant and department specific safety and security rules, procedures, and programs and attend monthly training.
- Promotes a safety culture by positively communicating safety concerns and risks.
- Follow job procedures to ensure quality standards are met or exceeded.
- Operate lift trucks and adhere to established power lift truck policy if trained to do so.
WHAT WE VALUE
- Passion for Safety and following Safety Procedures
- Passion for Quality and meeting Customer Specifications
- Must have a positive attitude that promotes the High Performance Culture
- Fully aligned with the Core Values
- Initiative – identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked to or required by the situation
- A team player with good communications skills and the ability to work independently
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability read, understand, and follow customer specifications
- Experience in manufacturing environment preferred.
- Forklift experience preferred
We expect our people to be guided by The Amcor Way and demonstrate our Values every day to enable the business to win. We are winning when:
- Our people are engaged and developing as part of a high-performing Amcor team
- Our customers grow and prosper from Amcor’s quality, service, and innovation
- Our investors benefit from Amcor’s consistent growth and superior returns
- The environment is better off because of Amcor’s leadership and products
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Amcor Flexibles North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the links "EEO is the and "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call
224-313-7000 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
We verify the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment in the United States.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.