Phlebotomist - #100522
Memorial Health System
Date: 04/19/2022 23:30 PM
City: Jacksonville, Illinois
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The basic function of this position requires that the employee be able to perform rudimentary laboratory duties. A variety of tasks fall within this classification such as blood collection from patients of all ages; performance of CLIA waived testing/other specimen collection; maintaining the stock of phlebotomy supplies; knowledge of insurance requirements for laboratory testing; completion of paperwork to accompany specimens; and basic scheduling. Embodies the Memorial Health System Performance Excellence Standards of Safety, Courtesy, Quality, and Efficiency that support our mission, vision and values.
Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm)
- Complies with all federal guidelines and clinic policies and procedures including, but not limited to laboratory, drug and alcohol testing, blood borne pathogens, chemical safety, administrative policies and procedures, and corporate compliance. Applies the Minimum Necessary Standard when accessing protected health information. Practices within scope and current standards of care.
- Assists with various aspects of diagnostic testing including obtaining and/or preparing specimens, labeling/recording, and communicating results. Performs miscellaneous CLIA-waived testing. Depending on clinic, may perform EKG’s/rhythm strips, breathing treatments, pulse ox, oxygen administration and place/remove Holter monitors.
- Adheres to strict quality control policies, procedures and manufactures guidelines. Maintains appropriate documentation related to quality processes. Accountable for achieving quality standards.
- Assists with the ordering, care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies. Assists in the clinic overall financial performance.
- Completes all required paperwork to accompany specimens for testing via computer entry.
- Participates in the orientation and/or phlebotomy training of personnel as directed by administrative staff, supervisor or other authorized personnel.
- Assists clinic in meeting goals related to quality and patient satisfaction by providing outstanding service and compassion while completing phlebotomy/lab tasks.
- Demonstrates support for and participates in accomplishing team goals and objectives.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Completion of a phlebotomy course, preferred.
- Certification for breath alcohol testing and drug screening, preferred.
- Valid CPR certification by end of first week of employment required.
- Previous computer experience required.
- Previous phlebotomy skills for collection of samples on all types and ages of patients preferred.
- Candidates must successfully pass the following assessments during the interview process in order to be further considered for this position: Listening Skills and Data Entry.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.