Kitchen Assistant Level 1 - #100554
ZWILLING Cooking Studio LLC
Date: 04/19/2022 23:30 PM
City: Chappaqua, New York
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Kitchen Assistant will support an exceptional cooking class experience by acting as an extension of the Chef Instructor to reinforce and support the techniques being presented in class. This individual needs to provide excellent customer service to all class participants, determine optimal solutions to any issues, and support the Resident Chef and Culinary Program Manager and Chef Instructor in highlighting products to boost retail sales and creating return business for the Cooking Studio.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Kitchen Assistant will report to the Chef Instructor will have additional responsibilities including:
- Assisting with proper daily class preparation and execution as directed by Chef Instructor and/or Resident Chef.
- Setting up workstations before classes and events.
- Cleaning workstations.
- Assisting and instructing dishwashers.
- Making preparations for the next day’s classes and events.
- Assisting with shopping for class ingredients.
- Culinary Expertise
- Supporting guests in cooking skills.
- Being able to cook recipes and menus developed by ZWILLING.
- Recognizing and distinguishing ingredients.
- Ability to distinguish, with a degree of accuracy, differences or similarities in intensity or quality of flavors or recognizing particular flavors or odors using tongue or nose.
- Basic wine/beer/spirits knowledge or willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of basic cooking techniques (chopping, whisking, slicing, stirring, juicing, etc.).
- Ability to handle, serve and pour liquor, wine and beer and/or mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, etc. for preparation of cocktails and other beverages.
- Utilizing strong salesmanship to promote retail sales before, during and after classes.
- Together with the Resident Chef and Culinary Program Manager, serve as an ambassador of the studio to build class participation and return business.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 1 year retail experience with a minimum of 1 year food prep and/or kitchen operations experience preferred.
- Valid Food Handlers and/or Food Managers Certification.
- Availability and flexibility to work 2 to 3 events weekly, including evenings and weekends.
- Committed and responsible attitude with excellent problem solving skills.
- Superior organizational skills; must be able to manage and execute multiple tasks with accuracy.
- Close attention to detail in completion of tasks and communication.
- Effective time management skills.
- Familiarity with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Participate in training provided by ZWILLING J.A. Henckels.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for 2-3 hours at a time
- Ability to reach, push, grab, pull, bend, stoop, kneel, etc. in order to retrieve and/or replenish merchandise or handle cooking equipment
- Ability to move and/or lift merchandise and/or kitchen equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Excellent communication and customer focused skills with an affinity for cooking, a desire to learn, and a willingness to support The ZWILLING Cooking Studio concept for long-term growth.
No phone calls please.
ZWILLING has been the gold standard for premium cutlery the world over for 290 years. Marrying the tradition of expert German engineering and stainless-steel know-how from our long history of knife-making and boasting a family of standard-setting brands such as STAUB and DEMEYERE, the ZWILLING group offers glassware, cast iron, nonstick and stainless-steel cookware, kitchen tools, including electrics and advanced food storage systems, and, of course, a wide spectrum of knives.
One of the world’s oldest trademarks, ZWILLING J.A. Henckels began in 1731 in Solingen, Germany — the “City of Blades.” The small, family-owned knife company has grown into the modern kitchen specialist. ZWILLING is an international industry leader that sells products in 100 countries. Respected as an innovator in the industry, ZWILLING remains rooted in the foundation upon which it was built: a tradition of quality and excellence forged nearly three centuries ago. This blend of cutting-edge technology, time-honored technique, exceptional standards, and skilled craftsmanship is our recipe for success.
U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.