Field Equipment Maintenance Technician - #100557
Date: 04/19/2022 23:30 PM
City: Fremont, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Would you like to make an impact in your job, by protecting the environment and supporting the healthcare industry? In addition to great pay, benefits, and paid time off, Stericycle’s team members enjoy better job stability and opportunities for advancement. We protect what matters. Join us!
This position requires complying with all state, local, customer, and Stericycle immunization requirements, which includes full vaccination against COVID-19. Stericycle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
At Stericycle, we deliver solutions and drive innovations that protect the environment, people, and public health. This includes working to create a more sustainable, shared future. Our innovative solutions make a difference in people's lives, communities, and our planet by protecting their health and well-being. Change your career. Change your world. Join Stericycle and help protect health and well-being in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way.
The Fleet Maintenance Technician position maintains a location/region’s ‘Specialty Equipped’ assets through preventative maintenance and repairs. This position primarily deals with maintenance and repairs of Mobile Shredding and Collection equipment while adhering to safety as well as company regulations and policies. This position is a member of the operations team and has daily interactions with internal employees and external vendors/suppliers.
The Fleet Maintenance Technician upholds Shred-its policies, standards, and practices while working with internal employees and external vendors/suppliers and ensures adherence to Shred-it’s Vision, Mission and Values.
Supplementary, this position will also support Plant Operations in regard to maintenance and repairs of facility shredding equipment when needed.
This position is not an Automotive or Diesel Mechanic role. Qualified Candidate will be trained effectively.
Key Job Activities:
- Evaluation of shredding components (shredder, valves, pumps, hydraulic lines, electrical panels, etc.) to determine forward progress (repair, retrofit, scrap), including taking photos and sending them to the Regional Fleet Manager for analysis/determination
- Perform Shredder 17 week and Annual Preventative Maintenance inspections
- Diagnose / Repair Shredder systems which includes lifts, augers, conveyor belts and unloading devices as well as minor chassis components
- Repair of components on trucks that include hoses, pipes, shredder, pump, motor, hopper lifts, lift gates, etc.
- Removal and disabling of components from trucks destined for decommission
- Remove, clean, evaluate and re-install components as required. Recognize worn parts and replace them as required
- Develop and implement creative solutions for installing new technology on older truck models
- Test and inspection of equipment to ensure it performs to expectations
- Ensure work area (Shop and or Service vehicle) is kept tidy, organized and secure
- Ensure Safe work Policies and practices are followed
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills relating to mechanical / hydraulic / low voltage electrical systems is required
- Ability to plan and schedule workflow (efficient and effective results)
- Excellent verbal communication skills (frequent customer and vendor focused parts & repair support)
- The ability to multitask and complete duties with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team and co-ordinate activities with co-workers and vendors.
- Demonstrated initiative and results motivated person with a proven history of providing high quality, accurate and timely performance in a customer-oriented environment.
- Must be willing to travel to outlying branches and stay overnight for multiple days at a time.
- Decision making (general workplace and business)
- Ability to document deficiencies with detailed inspections
- Computer skills that include the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and other programs.
- Knowledge of machinery, hydraulics (PTO & Pumps), Electrical and Pneumatics
- Working hours must be flexible
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
Preferred Education: in High School or Equivalent
Experience (North America & LATAM):
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years hands on experience in hydraulic equipment preferred but not required
- In-depth familiarity with mechanics, machine shop practices, electrical and hydraulic systems (PTO & Pumps)
- Position requires a high-level mechanical aptitude including working with speed, accuracy and quality using safe practices
Certifications and/or Licenses:
Stericycle currently offers its employees the option to participate in a full range of benefits, including a health care program which includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick time, a 401(k) plan, and an employee stock purchase plan. Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment with Stericycle.
The above description is meant to provide a summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements of the job or person. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Stericycle will consider requests for workplace accommodations for protected physical or mental limitations in accordance with its human resources policies and local laws.To the extent permissible under local law, and consistent with business necessity, Stericycle reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time with or without advance notice.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.