Production Laborer - #100579
Rich Products Corporation
Date: 04/19/2022 23:30 PM
City: Santa Fe Springs, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Rich’s, also known as Rich Products Corporation, is a family-owned food company dedicated to inspiring possibilities. From cakes and icings to pizza, appetizers and specialty toppings, our products are used in homes, restaurants and bakeries around the world. Beyond great food, our customers also gain insights to help them stay competitive, no matter their size. Our portfolio includes creative solutions geared at helping food industry professionals compete in foodservice, retail, in-store bakery, deli, and prepared foods, among others. Working in 100 locations globally, with annual sales exceeding $4 billion, Rich’s is a global leader with a focus on everything that family makes possible. Rich’s®—Infinite Possibilities. One Family.
The General Laborer is responsible for performing labor tasks within and around the plant.
- Must provide physical attendance.
- Must be able to follow instructions, including standard manufacturing procedures and processes.
- Works within and around the plant to assist in the manufacturing of our products.
- Works on a production line to assist with manufacturing our products following all production standard procedures (on all lines, re-cases, repackages and other product rework as assigned).
- Complies with all Safety, GMP, Quality, Plant Policies and other Associate and food safety requirements.
- Maintain clean and organized work area.
- Shave chocolate and ensure chocolate is prepared timely and readily available for production.
- Feed pans and trays to the production line while maintaining the speed of the line.
- Grease pans on the production line while maintaining the speed of the line and properly applying the appropriate amount of grease.
- Apply shipping labels on the shipper at the determined rate.
- Garnishing products while maintaining the speed of the line and standard of quality.
- Crumb products at the speed of the line while maintaining the standard of quality.
- Applying the collar at the speed of the line while maintaining the standard of quality.
- Apply dome to the products at the speed of the line. Have sufficient domes readily available. Inspect the quality of the cakes.
- Open and have bread prepared at the speed of the line while maintaining the standard of quality.
- Weigh and spread every cake at the speed of the line while maintaining the standard of quality.
- Fill the cakes at the speed of the line while maintaining the standard of quality and weight of the product.
- Prepare and maintain materials and equipment at the start, during, and end of production.
- Ensures that all production codes and labels are printed accurate and legible per product specifications.
- Ensures that all packaging and materials are correct according to the SKU formula and integrity of appearance.
- Must be able to read codes and change coder machines when needed.
- At the end of the production day all unused materials will be resealed and returned to the designated location in the warehouse following standard procedures and all coding and taping machines will be turned off and cleaned in preparation for the following shift.
- Must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Must have the ability to write simple correspondence and effectively communicate information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, other employees in the organization and vendors
- Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole number, common fractions and decimals
- Must have the ability to work in and contribute to Production Improvement Teams and other temporary teams as assigned or as a volunteer
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to conduct basic troubleshooting to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability and desire to train other associates
Rich Products Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Rich’s”), are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity, and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Rich’s. Please contact Rich’s Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance completing this application or to otherwise participate in the application process.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.