Correctional Officer (Part-Time) - #100607
Kentucky Department Of Corrections
Date: 04/20/2022 00:00 AM
City: La Grange, Kentucky
Salary: $1,586 / hour
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Are you ready to Brave the Challenge?
Do you want to kick-start your career in Criminal Justice? Look no further! The Kentucky Department of Corrections is seeking motivated individuals who are up for the challenge
Correctional Officers fill a critical role within correctional institutions by working together as a team to maintain safety and control of offenders
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains control of the institution to provide safety and security of the facility inmates, staff, and general public by enforcing rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Supervises inmate activities in housing units, dining areas, recreation and work areas.
- Attends to the medical, visitation, personal property, and recreational needs of the inmates.
- Inspects and patrols the grounds for contraband, unauthorized personnel, and for other security risks.
- Completes required reports and daily logs.
- Conducts inmate counts, security rounds, and searches.
- Strong communication skills
- Observation skills
- Be a team player
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
EDUCATION: High school graduate
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, OR SKILLS: NONE
Substitute EDUCATION for EXPERIENCE: NONE
Substitute EXPERIENCE for EDUCATION: NONE
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (AGE, LICENSURE, REGULATION, ETC.): Must be twenty years of age.
Work environment is hazardous due to working in a state correctional facility with convicted felons.
This job has an initial and promotional probationary period of 6 months, except as provided in KRS 18A.111.
If you have questions about this advertisement, please contact Becky Isaac at Becky.Isaac@ky.gov.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.