Manager of Demand Planning and Sales Analytics - #100610
MAT Holdings, Inc
Date: 04/20/2022 00:00 AM
City: Long Grove, Illinois
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Founded in 1984, MAT Holdings, Inc. is a privately held $1.9 billion multi-national company with manufacturing operations, distribution centers and sourcing offices worldwide in the automotive, fencing, hardware, and power equipment sectors. Headquartered in Long Grove, Illinois we have over 40 factories on three continents, including 2.1 million square feet of U.S. distribution and manufacturing space. We provide our customers with a full range of services including U.S. and overseas engineering, quality assurance, logistic and distribution support, strategic warehousing, bi-lingual sourcing, product development, and marketing. MAT is a family of companies and products providing employment opportunities with more than 14,000 employees in 12 countries.
MAT Holdings Inc. offers a full range of benefits programs including: Paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401k Savings, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, disability and flexible spending accounts.
This position is responsible for all aspects of strategic demand planning, both long range forecasting and customer specific short term product pipeline. This position works cross-functionally with Sourcing, Logistics, Product Development and Sales and Marketing. The Demand Planning team will coordinate with the Purchasing team and business units through a robust S&OP process to effectively forecast and provide timely and fact based purchasing recommendations.
- Lead the monthly S&OP process.
- Lead in the development and maintenance of monthly forecasts for all finished goods parts using order and shipment history, customer point of sale data, market intelligence, and industry trends to determine projected demand.
- Work with sales, marketing, product management to understand product life cycles, demand patterns, and short, medium, and long-term forecasts.
- Analyze and develop insights on data from customer point of sales data systems as well as internal order management systems.
- Maintain forecast vs. actual history data by customer, product family, channel, geography, and SKU.
- Manage customer POS reporting and customer performance metrics and provide summary reporting to the sales team.
- Prepare reporting and participate on weekly key customer product pipeline calls
- Ensure there is proactive communication and delivery of targets for forecast accuracy and bias. Drive action plans for improvement in case on non-compliant KPI’s.
- Management, mentorship and coaching of Demand Planning team.
- Monitor performance metrics and present critical data that can lead to recognition of areas for improvement.
- Actively participate in the annual budget process
- Able to process large amounts of data and drive cross-functional alignment at various levels within the organization.
- Experience using and interacting with MRP systems.
- Experience with forecasting methodologies, techniques, and approaches (e.g. moving averages, exponential smoothing, discrete probability, etc.).
- Ability to communicate with key customer IPR teams and provide timely data.
- Must possess strong leadership skills and be well organized, self-motivated, focused on meeting deadlines and able to multitask within a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced MS Office skills (i.e. Excel and Access) and prior ERP system experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) processes management.
- Undergraduate degree in mathematics, supply chain, or engineering a plus
- Relevant industry experience in the Home center/Hardware/ Mass Retail Channels
- 3 years of supply chain planning experience in the areas of S&OP, demand planning, and/or supply planning.
- SAP-IBP Experience a Plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.