Medical Assistant Sponsorship Program - #100630
Northern Light Health
Date: 04/20/2022 00:00 AM
City: Tremont, Maine
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center
Department: Medical Group Administration
Position is located: Eastern Maine Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
FTE: 1.0 (40 hours)
Work Schedule: No Hours Assigned
Looking for a new career? Join our Medical Assistant Sponsorship Program.
If you are looking for a new career in patient care, consider applying for a paid program to become a Medical Assistant at Northern Light Health.
If you are interested in patient care, consider training to become a Medical Assistant. The 40 hours per week paid position consists of 16 hours of class/clinical experience with the remaining 24 hours spent working as a Patient Service Representative in one of our many Medical Practices. If you are accepted in the program, you will be a full-time employee while earning your MA certification. If you are a current employee begin your journey as a patient service representative at one of our practices while you train.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years of age or older high school graduate or equivalent
- Participate in a pre-admission interview
- Pass pre-employment background check
- Pass the CASAS Assessment for the program
- Willing to work 24 hours while in training
- High school transcript and a letter of recommendation will be requested upon applying
- Commit to Northern Light Health for 18 months post training
Upon successful completion of the program, after receiving your MA Certification, you will be placed in a full-time MA position.
- Potential exposure to hazardous materials.
- Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
- Lifting, moving and loading 20 to 30 pounds.
- Continuous sitting.
- Continuous standing.
- Continuous walking.