Field Sales Representative II - #100633
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Date: 04/20/2022 00:00 AM
City: Irvine, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Field Sales Representative II
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How you will make an impact:
Our Sales Representatives are responsible for the sales of research products and services within a defined territory. They maintain effective customer relations, develop opportunities for growth within an existing customer base, and assure market penetration and profitability while achieving sales and profit forecasts. This is an excellent opportunity for an energetic professional who is looking to gain experience in Sales with a company that is a world leader in their industry!
Key responsibilities will be:
- Develop and maintain effective customer relations with purchasing and end user within assigned territory
- Independently make decisions, but also utilize available resources to meet customer needs and work effectively with cross-functional team of supplier and internal resources; Seeks out broader relationships within the account to help facilitate networking and prospecting
- Perform sales calls and vendor relations with all customers and potential customers in the assigned territory
- Researches competitor and industry activity and keep informed of new products/services and other general information of interest to customers incorporating this data into the business plan; Introduce new products and services
- Manage pricing within territory to control profitability
- Maintain accurate reporting, records, and files necessary for proper management of territory
- Communicate with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems, perform other tasks assigned by manager
- Inform customers of supply and price trends and assist in inventory control, consults with customers
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations
Who are we looking for?
- 2+ years of sales experience, preferably in the research laboratory industry OR lab experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in the sciences.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and the internet
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed
- Strong industry, pharmaceutical and science background preferred
- Able and willing to travel to customer locations
- Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher values (The Four I’s) – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
- This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.