PL Sales and Marketing Representative (Wisconsin) - #192112
Utica National Insurance Group
Date: 04/05/2021 07:30 AM
City: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
If you seek a truly outstanding employment experience, Utica National is the place for you. We are always looking for conscientious, customer-oriented people - whether you're a seasoned insurance professional or just starting out. We offer a supportive and friendly work environment that features a variety of career paths.
We offer challenging assignments, advancement opportunities, full benefits packages, competitive salaries, and a great work environment. We're big enough to offer the opportunities you need to be successful, but not so big that you'll get lost in the crowd.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drives the Personal Lines agency relationship by marketing and selling company products and services of the territory while working closely with an underwriting team.
- Excellent communications, interpersonal skills and sales skills required to build relationships with agency staff
- Problem solving and analytical skills to interpret data within the agency or territory to provide conclusions and recommendations.
- Strong training skills with products, procedures and agency systems.
- Develops agency plant to drive profitable growth of new and renewal business opportunities within the assigned territory.
- Implements Founders Personal Lines Sales Process with agencies. (diagnostics, sales strategy, adoption, execution and evaluation) to increase agency production and/or retention.
- Utilizes sales/marketing skills to effectively drive market penetration and grow new business opportunities within territory.
- Ability to work with comparative raters, agency management and internal systems (reports, quoting, product manuals and underwriting).
- Identifies, selects, and on-boards new agency appointments to meet new business production expectations.
- Maintain file of current agency/broker prospects.
- Cultivate and develops new appointments.
- Agent training for products, procedures, and company compensation programs.
- Monitors market conditions for changes in competitiveness, identifies new markets and adapt selling skills to create a value proposition and increase sales
- Collaborates with other channels to maximize Utica National franchise value with agents.
- Involvement in regional marketing planning, including both premium and expense budgeting.
- Additional personal development such as the Utica National Leadership Skills Course, Toastmasters, Dale Carnegie, etc.
- Perform all other tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Strong technical expertise, sophistication, and independent judgment to manage business relationships with distributors and individual business units.
- Solid insurance industry knowledge as it applies to business development and determining business opportunity.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners.
- Uses creativity in resolving issues and problems.
- Results-oriented with the ability to develop tactical strategies and business plans which support organizational vision and goals.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite as well as other business-related software.
- Some travel.
- Ability to work independently and remotely in the assigned territory to achieve results with limited supervision.
- Four-year college degree in general studies/liberal arts or business administration or equivalent business experience.
- 3-5 years as a marketing representative with a proven mastery of the position consistently meeting or exceeding premium, appointment collection and profitability goals.
- This position will be based in Wisconsin.
We believe strongly that talented people are core to our success and are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages, career advancement and challenging work opportunities. We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan for full time employees that include the following:
- 401K plan
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Vision care coverage
- Paid Time-Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Volunteer Day
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Credit Union membership
- Employees' Club
We offer both full and part time employment with the goal of providing work life balance to our talented workforce.
This is an exempt position. By applying for this position, you acknowledge that as an exempt employee, you should expect to find it necessary to work beyond your regular work schedule in order to fulfill the demands of the position. As such, in accepting our offer, you acknowledge and agree to fulfill this expectation.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.