Machine Operator - 3rd Shift - #192778
Date: 04/05/2021 21:00 PM
City: Wenona, Illinois
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The qualified candidate will operate, in a safe and efficient manner, a variety of equipment including horizontal wrappers, box makers, cartoners, and other mechanical equipment which are used for packaging, labeling, and sealing of finished products.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Performs accurate set ups on equipment in preparation for particular product runs.
- Operates equipment and makes adjustments as necessary to ensure equipment is operating correctly and meeting quality specifications.
- Inspects and tests packages, and documents results to ensure equipment is operating correctly and meeting quality specifications.
- Stages and checks required materials for quick and accurate change overs in production.
- Completes and assembles all required documentation associated with the position.
- Maintains works area in a clean and organized manner.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to perform mandatory overtime as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Proficient in reading and writing in English in order to understand equipment instructions and safety manuals and also to record all data associated with equipment operations
- Must be knowledgeable in GMPs and the HACCP program
- Sufficient math skills to calculate quantities of material required for orders being ran
- Good organizational and communication skills in order to prioritize work and communicate changes to line workers
- Must have the ability to handle small tools
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to lift 41 lbs. to 75 lbs. assisted.
- Ability to stand up to 80% of the time scheduled
- Must display great attention to detail
- Must have the ability to understand and follow all safety policies and procedures
- Must be 18 years of age
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.