Digital Forensics Incident Response Principal Consultant- Crypsis (Remote) - #193133
Palo Alto Networks
Date: 04/06/2021 03:00 AM
City: Baltimore, Maryland
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life. We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
- Perform reactive incident response functions including but not limited to: host-based analysis functions through investigating Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X systems to identify Indicators of Compromise (IOCs).
- Examine firewall, web, database, and other log sources to identify evidence of malicious activity.
- Investigate data breaches leveraging forensics tools including Encase, FTK, X-Ways, SIFT, Splunk, and custom Crypsis investigation tools to determine source of compromises and malicious activity that occurred in client environments.
- Manage incident response engagements to scope work, guide clients through forensic investigations, contain security incidents, and provide guidance on longer term remediation recommendations.
- Ability to perform travel requirements as need to meet business demands (on average 20%).
- Mentorship of team members in incident response and forensics best practices.
- 6+ years of incident response or digital forensics consulting experience with a passion for cyber security
- Strong leadership skills including experience managing a team or individuals
- Experience with leading complicated engagements including scoping, interfacing with the client, and have executed on a technical front
- Proficient with host-based forensics and data breach response
- Experienced with EnCase, FTK, X-Ways, SIFT, Splunk, Redline, Volatility, WireShark, TCPDump, and open source forensic tools
- Incident response consulting experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Digital Forensics, Cyber Security or related field
The Crypsis Group is a respected security advisory firm with a vision to create a more secure digital world by providing the highest quality incident response, risk management, and digital forensic services to clients of all sizes. Our team is comprised of recognized experts and incident responders with deep technical expertise and experience in investigations, data breach response, digital forensics, and information security. With a highly successful track record of delivering mission-critical cybersecurity solutions, we are experienced in working quickly to provide effective an incident response, attack-readiness, and remediation plans with a focus on providing long term support to improve our clients’ security posture.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.