Training Development - #196288
Date: 06/08/2022 04:00 AM
City: St Louis, Missouri
Salary: $76,798 - $130,764 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors
The Client Strategies Group (CSG) at Edward Jones is focused on developing a profound understanding of prospective and current clients’ needs, in order to create an unparalleled experience. Leveraging these critical insights, we implement tailored solutions and enhance our products in ways that enable clients to achieve their financial goals
Using deep subject matter expertise in financial markets and products, the Senior Solutions Training Specialist is responsible for leading the firm's training strategy that will provide financial advisors and the branch team with the knowledge and skills to build and sustain a successful business. Working in this collaborative and fast-paced environment, they will need to possess deep financial services industry knowledge in one of the following topics –
Fee-based platforms, the Financial Planning Process or Portfolio Construction. You will be challenged to bring fresh perspectives that allow us to continually exceed client expectations in an ever-evolving landscape, present issues clearly with a recommended solution and communicate the training needs to business leaders and key stakeholders
The Solutions Training Specialist must be able to work independently and collaboratively in order to achieve project and learning goals, bringing their extensive expertise to bear in making influential and impactful decisions that affect firm learning and training. Traveling to in person training classes will be required, these occur several times per year
Responsibilities of the role:
- Implement and ensure the effectiveness of the CSG contributions to FA, BOA and RBA training programs, in alignment with firm advice and guidance and in the context of a sound learning strategy.
- Leads the strategy, development and delivery of face-to-face, virtual, on-line and other modes of training to branch teams and home office associates on fee-based platform topics within the context of applying Comprehensive Goals-Based Advice, client needs, product knowledge and firm advice.
- Lead the firm's efforts to evolve training from product based to Comprehensive Goals-Based Advice and further to Human Centered Complete Wealth Management.
- Lead initiatives and or teams cross departmentally, divisionally and in the field to meet client needs and deepen client relationships.
- Lead, support and participate in collaborating with and leveraging key internal relationships, departments, and divisions, to meet branch team and client needs.
- Is a subject matter expert in area of emphasis, potentially other areas, Edward Jones business model, philosophies and values.
- Provides feedback, coaching, training and guidance to other associates; shares knowledge to help develop others. May take a leadership role in the development of Interns, RDPs, new associates and Solutions Specialists I and II.
- Influences and guides stakeholders as to effective learning strategy, including training, communication and performance support.
- Uncovers issues and suggests and implements changes to procedures, processes and plans to increase operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Actively contributes to the strategy of the department, area and division and can articulate and advocate for that work.
- Actively keeps abreast of the changing financial services landscape and recommends appropriate training that addresses any potential risks to the firm.
We are open to hiring a Senior Level or a Level II Specialist and work to promote you to a Senior role in the future. If you meet half, but not all of the requirements, please apply to the role.
Consider applying if you have technical expertise in any of the following:
- Expertise in fee-based platforms such as Investment Advisory plans, both discretionary and broker advised platforms
- Expertise in conducting the financial planning process in an appointment setting; comfortable with concepts such as discovery, goal setting and reviewing ongoing progress toward goals. Familiarity with financial planning tools and analyses.
- Expertise in asset allocation and portfolio construction principles using core products such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds, ETFs and banking products following firm advice and guidance
Other requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree
- Generally 7 years of experience in fee-based investments related to the financial industry.
- Presentation or Trainer experience preferred. This position will present regularly to groups of up to 200 across all modalities (web-ex, in-person, etc.).
- Ability to deliver training across multiple modalities (Face-to-face, virtual, online) and across all production levels of branch teams.
- Series 7, Series 66 licenses required or must be obtained within 12 months of hire.
- Able to apply knowledge of Edward Jones business model, philosophies and values.
- Demonstrates personal initiative, strong interpersonal and advanced project management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential including the ability to interact with general partners and other leaders of the firm.
- Broad understanding of Edward Jones structure and the support provided by the home office.
- 2021 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® By Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE Magazine – Edward Jones was named No. 20 on the list.
- From FORTUNE ©2021 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- 2021 Corporate Equality Index – Edward Jones joins the ranks of 767 major U.S. businesses that received top marks in the Foundation’s 19th annual scorecard on LGBTQ workplace equality
- From The Human Rights Campaign. All Rights Reserved
- 2021 Training Top 100 list - Edward Jones ranked No. 19, up six spots from last year in its 21st consecutive year on this prestigious list.
- J.D. Power, 2021 – Edward Jones has ranked "highest in Employee Advisor Satisfaction among Financial Investment Firms" in the J.D. Power 2021 U.S. Financial Advisor Satisfaction Study.
- Edward Jones received the highest score among employee advisors in the J.D. Power 2007,2008, 2010, 2012-2015, 2017-2021 Financial Advisor Satisfaction Studies of employee advisors’ satisfaction among those who are employed by an investment services firm. Visit jdpower.com/awards for more information.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $76798 - $130764