Medical Clerical Assistant - #196296
Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare
Date: 06/08/2022 04:00 AM
City: Memphis, Tennessee
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Responsible for performing clerical and receptionist duties, transcribing physician’s orders and scheduling patient care activities. In addition, responsible for aiding licensed nursing associates in the care of patients by performing various patient care activities and related non-professional services. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
High School graduate or equivalent.
Effective June 1, 2018: New Hires and Transfers are required to have current AHA “Heartsaver” Certification.
Graduate of an accredited medical assisting program.
Previous experience working in a medical facility as a Medical Assistant or other similar health care experience.
Experience with an EMR system.
- Ability to read and follow written instructions, policies and procedures as would be acquired through completion of high school.
- Working knowledge of computer data entry/retrieval skills (MS Office Suite); prior experience with electronic medical record systems preferred.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology as would be acquired through specialized vocational training or six months experience in a patient care clerical job preferred.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with others, including clear speech and acceptable pronunciation, spelling, grammar and word usage; knowledge of telephone etiquette.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations (i.e., add, subtract, multiply, and divide) as might be acquired through completion of high school
Key Job Responsibilities
- Performs clerical and data entry activities related to patient care.
- Serves as unit receptionist.
- Assists and/or provides patients with personal care, activities of daily living and other basic needs under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- Assists with admissions and discharge to the unit.
- Adheres to and supports Units/Nursing/Hospital policies, procedures and standards.
- Maintains a safe, clean, orderly environment.
- Maintains current clinical expertise
- Ability to stand, walk, climb stairs, sit in one place, squat, kneel, reach, bend, crawl and twist throughout the shift.
- Ability to perform repetitive hand and wrist motion as well as using hands for gripping and squeezing; ability to use hands and feet together for repetitive, coordinated motions.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. without assistance and push and pull up to 250 lbs.
- Normal hearing; normal vision, including color, night and peripheral vision.
- Frequent invasive and non-invasive patient contact.
- Exposure to patient body fluids as well as exposure to hazardous or poisonous materials.
- Ability to react quickly to emergency situations.