Customer Service Specialist - #196313
Caritas of Austin
Date: 06/08/2022 04:30 AM
City: Austin, Texas
Salary: $32,000 - $41,000 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Department: Client Services
Program: Community Access
Reports To: Community Access & Food Services Program Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/Full Time
COVID-19 Vaccine Required but subject to recognized exemptions
The Customer Service Specialist (CSS) provides administrative support, customer service, and overall coordination between Community Access and all Caritas programs. The CSS provides the following services to customers, clients, and staff: information and referral, main point of contact for the agency, and client screening and assessments. The CSS interacts with diverse populations to help support the agency mission of ending homelessness in Greater Austin. The Deputy Director of PSH and Integrated Services and the Community Access & Food Services Manager select the Customer Services Specialist
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (inclusive but not exhaustive):
- Provides resource and referral information to callers and in-person visitors, as needed.
- Receives incoming calls in a courteous and professional manner at all times in accordance with policy.
- Greets all visitors/clients in a courteous and professional manner. Refers visitors/clients to appropriate staff member or provides information as needed.
- Keeps reception area neat and orderly.
- Ensures that all persons entering building are properly signed in.
- Opens the building for business by 7:45 AM Monday-Friday.
- Assists in maintaining and updating client/visitor resource materials.
- Complies with Caritas client services policies and procedures.
- Assists in compiling statistics for program reports.
- Screening and Assessment for Caritas clients as assigned.
- Interview & evaluation of intake.
- Coordinate and schedule intake meetings.
- Create spreadsheets & enter data into agency board reports.
Organizational Support Functions
- Maintains confidentiality regarding all client/visitor information.
- Participates in staff meetings and/or training.
- Assists Manager in contacting vendors and escorting them to the appropriate area of the building.
- Assists in tracking and organizing inventory (e.g. donations).
- Assists in managing phone lists and mailboxes.
- Handles other duties as assigned.
- Develops and improve plans for professional development.
- Treats staff, clients, volunteers, and the general public with courtesy and respect.
- Provide back up support to other programs in department.
High school diploma or GED
Minimum of 2 years of professional related experience
Required: Bilingual – English/Spanish
Good communication skills
Valid Texas driver’s license, ability to drive van or bus and have reliable transportation
Technology literate, including Microsoft Office Suite and industry computer applications
- Base Salary Range: $32,000-$41,000.
- Employer paid health, dental, vision, life, short term disability, and long term disability insurance for employees.
- 13 Paid Holidays per year.
- 20 days of accrued PTO in year one with increases up to 31 days per year.
- Retirement plan with employer match.
- Discounted Rates on Gold’s Gym and Legal Shield memberships.
- Mileage Reimbursement.
- Monthly Phone Stipend.
- Monthly Paid Parking for employees who office from Downtown Location.
Caritas of Austin is
an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.