Payroll Tax Analyst - #196319
Date: 06/08/2022 04:30 AM
City: Stockton, Illinois
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Job Title: Payroll Tax Analyst
Location: Freeport, IL
Reports To: Director, North America Payroll
The Payroll Tax Analyst owns the processes for payroll tax liabilities and associated returns, ensuring the integrity of the employee’s taxable wage and tax withholding data reported on the W-2 for our employee population across multiple FEIN’s. The Payroll Tax Analyst will be responsible for all tax related system set ups in both SAP HCM and ADP Smart Compliance, the execution of the ADP tax processes, required reporting, along with error resolution and necessary adjustments. They will ensure proper tax authority compliance including tax updates, internal and state audits, addressing notices that arise timely, working with various third-party providers, mergers/acquisitions/divestitures, unique tax credits and account reconciliations.
- Reconcile US & Canada payroll tax reporting after each pay run to ensure accurate filings by tax service provider and execute ADP Tax Reporting thru ADP Smart Compliance.
- Complete registrations for new tax jurisdictions and request tax setups in SAP HCM and ADP Smart Compliance, along with proper system testing and reporting. Ensure new filings are done in a timely manner.
- Reconcile and complete all mandatory documents regarding monthly, quarterly, and annual payroll filings, along with Multiple Worksite Reporting and the Bureau of Labor Statistics reporting.
- Work with tax authorities and ADP on resolving tax notices, submitting amendment requests, reconciling tax deposits, and tracking late original filings, as needed, until the notice is successfully processed.
- Review company level tax setups in HCM and ADP Smart Compliance to ensure correct account numbers, deposit frequency, filing frequency and rates are being used. Correct errors found.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state guidelines and resolve any compliance issues through research and correspondence with taxing authorities, requesting special filings/amendments as needed.
- Maintain POA’s and other documents required by jurisdictions
- Ensure that employees’ taxing authorities are set up correctly in SAP and assist in addressing any employee tax set up questions.
- Work with various third-party providers, taxing authorities and internal business partners regarding mergers/acquisitions/divestitures/audit research and compliance.
- Remain current on legislation and regulatory rulings impacting payroll and advise the payroll team on required actions.
- Respond to questions and special request / reports from our various business partners, employees, and regulatory agencies.
- Back up other Payroll Tax Analyst.
- Work on special projects as required.
Education and Experience:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in accounting/tax preferred.
- 3-5 years multi-state payroll/payroll tax experience
- Knowledge of US tax laws relative to State and Local Withholding taxes
- Ability to research tax law
- Strong knowledge of payroll
- High degree of competency in Excel, SAP HCM, ADP Tax Services and Smart Compliance preferred
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work independently, conduct research, and formulate conclusions regarding system or tax related issues.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities/projects
- Ability to demonstrate a professional demeanor, superior organizational skills, and strong motivation to meet deadlines and achieve goals
- Team player
- Flexible schedule due to pay run completion
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Rubbermaid, FoodSaver, Calphalon, Sistema, Sharpie, Paper Mate, Dymo, EXPO, Elmer's, Yankee Candle, Graco, NUK, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Spontex, Coleman, Campingaz, Oster, Sunbeam and Mr. Coffee. Newell Brands' beloved, planet friendly brands enhance and brighten consumers lives at home and outside by creating moments of joy, building confidence and providing peace of mind. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.