Assistant Team Lead (Goat Pack) - 1st Shift - $19.34/hour - #196321
Savencia Cheese USA
Date: 06/08/2022 04:30 AM
City: Stockton, Illinois
Salary: $1,934 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
This position is to assist and back up the Team Lead with leading and managing the team and the manufacturing process. The production objective is to adhere to the team’s production plan. The performance indicators are Safety, Quality, Cost, Lead Time, Involvement, and Environment. This position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure the safety and productivity of all department employees assigned to designated shift;
- Guarantee product quality according to the defined standards;
- Ensure that equipment, grounds and walls are clean according to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards; verify their efficiency;
- Assure compliance to all quality processes and procedures at all levels in the operation. Immediately correct or report if out of spec and complete non-conformance form;
- Assure department schedule is properly staffed, daily to meet order needs;
- Ensure the operations and processes meet department objectives;
- Ensure all equipment and materials required are ready for startup prior to scheduled start time;
- Work closely with other teams in the auditing and Preventive Maintenance (PM) planning for machines;
- Carry out physical inventories;
- Ensure the execution of the planned operations with the corresponding departmental inputs (materials management, maintenance and quality);
- Dismantle or have their team dismantle, clean, repair and reassemble equipment parts as needed;
- Guarantee the proper functioning of the manufacturing procedures and equipment;
- Ensure supply personnel confirm the quality of all incoming materials prior to use on the floor;
- Relieve the operator’s / team members according to needs;
- Lead meetings as needed;
- Assures assigned department employees fully understand how to set and adjust the equipment settings and understand all operational procedures;
- Assign the available resources based on objectives data and production constraints;
- Enter data and indicators for the daily department requirements;
- Communicate plant issues or activities to the proper departments;
- Welcome and train new employees;
- Responsible for daily schedule and coordination of employees;
- Rotate the employees according to any safety or quality concerns;
- Participate actively in the continuous improvement process and ensure participation by employees;
- Managing and approving timecards as needed in the timekeeping system for department employees.
In the Team Lead’s absence, this position leads all employees of their assigned department but has no direct reports.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in a manufacturing environment with the following conditions:
Exposure to hot or cold climate frequently;
Exposure to chemical frequently;
Exposure to noise and vibration frequently;
Exposure to wet and humid conditions frequently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties on the job, the physical demands are:
Stand – frequently;
Stoop/Bend – frequently;
Squat – frequently;
Crawl – occasional;
Climb Stairs or ladders – frequently;
Reach – chest level, above or below – frequently;
Push - 650 lbs. occasionally (on dolly with help);
Pull - 650 lbs. occasionally (on dolly with help);
Lift/carry- 50 lbs. occasionally.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours vary depending on the shift and department. Overtime and weekend work is required at times. Vacation coverage as needed.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Computer skills and basic knowledge of MS Excel and Word;
- Mechanical Aptitude;
- Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend English.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Strong Analytical Skills;
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement Management (CIM);
- 2-5 years’ food manufacturing experience;
- 1-2 years’ experience in a leadership role.
SIGN ON BONUS
Eligible to receive a $1000.00 sign on bonus
1st Day Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
Short Term Disability
401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
Paid Vacation and Holidays
Perfect Attendance Program