Summer 2022 Technology Fellow - #196327
UP Education Network
Date: 06/08/2022 04:30 AM
City: Boston, Massachusetts
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Summer Technology Fellow
About UP Education Network
UP Education Network manages and operates five schools in Boston and Lawrence, MA. We serve over 2,500 elementary and middle school students. UP is invited by local school districts to restart chronically underperforming district schools as UP Academies. Each UP Academy shares the same mission: to ensure that students acquire the knowledge, skills, and strength of character necessary to succeed on the path to college and to achieve their full potential.
The Summer Technology Fellow will work with the Technology Team to get the technology set up at the five UP Academy schools for the start of the school year. S/he will report to the Senior Manager of Technology and will be a member of the organization’s Operations Department. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a customer service-oriented environment and willing to learn new hardware and software-based skills.
- Manage receiving and inventory of new technology for UP Academy locations
- Coordinate the classroom technology setup for UP Academy locations
- Assist with staff laptop deployment for launching school
- Assist with Chromebook and iPad student device and cart setups
- Assist in creation of new user Gmail, Dropbox and computer accounts
- Support the Technology Team in developing and implementing summer technology projects
- A strong belief in UP Education Network’s core values: Students, Community, Humility, Resilience, and Humor
- Current authorization to work in the United States – A candidate must have such authorization by his or her first day of employment.
- Availability from July-September for an 8- to 12-week Fellowship.
- BA not required, Associate's Degree preferred
We offer a competitive compensation package.
We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply for any open position in which they feel qualified. We believe that we have a responsibility to recruit, retain, develop, and reward a diverse and talented staff. Our students must be exposed on a daily basis to a diverse group of powerful role models - in their teachers, their school leaders, and their supporters in the network office. With this in mind, we are committed to recruiting the most talented individuals from the widest possible range of backgrounds to join our creative, mission-driven team.