ED Behavioral Health Clinician - #196339
Rutland Regional Medical Center
Date: 06/08/2022 05:00 AM
City: Hubbardton, Vermont
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Social Worker is responsible for providing social work services to all customer groups affected by illness/disability often including lifestyle adjustment difficulties. Performs clinical assessment and provides support for mental health needs, suicidal thoughts, and addiction issues. Understands utilization criteria and case management principles in a health care setting, as well as relevant community resources, insurance, regulatory, and legal system knowledge.
- Master’s degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling
Minimum Work Experience
- Experience in individual and family therapy.
- Five years’ experience working in healthcare setting preferred.
- Two years of social work and medical crisis intervention, and knowledge of community resources or related experience preferred.
- Independent licensure preferred.
- BLS Certification through American Heart Association*
- Completion of endorsed patient/visitor de-escalation and restraint program certification.
- Must obtain within 3 months of hire
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Exhibits knowledge of Best Practice, DBT, CBT, and motivational interviewing.
- Provides employee assistance in-services, and consultation to staff, physicians, and community providers about psychosocial aspects of care.
- NASW code of conduct principles
- Psychosocial assessments, utilization and case management principles.
- Individual and family supportive advocacy.
- Age-specific competencies.
- Interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic Microsoft Windows desktop application and navigation skills.
- Demonstrates strong communication and listening skills.
- Demonstrates good knowledge of community resources.
- Demonstrates excellent collaboration skills in conjunction with working with providers, legal representation, regulatory agencies and those involved with risk and compliance.
- Willingness and ability to provide On-call, after hours and/or weekend coverage on rotational basis.
Location: Rutland Regional Medical Center · Social Work
Schedule: full-time w/rotating wknds & holidays, day/evening shifts, Varied, includes weekends