Community Liaison - Wayne County (Richmond, IN) - #196341
Firefly Children and Family Alliance
Date: 06/08/2022 05:00 AM
City: Columbus, Indiana
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Are you looking to change youth lives?
At Firefly Children & Family Alliance you can make a difference.
We value our employees and provide a positive, fulfilling culture which allows new employees to make a difference in the lives of youth. Full-time employment comes with a benefit program that includes a student loan repayment, tuition reimbursement, medical, dental, and health insurance as well as PTO and paid holidays.
Our Liaisons collaborate with community agencies and resources to directly advocate for at-risk children and families to facilitate important needs assessments, prevention, and progress monitoring services for referral families.
Here's what you can expect in the way of specific job responsibilities and time allocation estimates:
Referral Family Support (70%)
- Conscientiously gain insight and information about referral family needs and their community environment to lead families through the Firefly Children & Family Alliance goal-setting process
- Provide multiple home-based services and resource connections to at-risk families
- Initiate referrals and connections with local community supports and services
- Advocate for and provide support to referral families to exceed individual family progress goals
- Attentively provide transportation to families to attend programs and appointments to meet their goals
- Assist during crisis situations
Community Engagement (30%)
- Maintain familiarity with community resources and maintain relationships with social workers and agencies, including school systems and other multiple institutions, related to the family
- Thoroughly complete required documentation
- Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, sociology, or a directly-related human service field from an accredited college OR Other Bachelor's degrees will be accepted in combination with three years' experience working directly with families in a human service field OR Associate's degrees in a related human services field with three years' experience working directly with families in a human service field OR High School Diploma or equivalent with five years' experience working directly with families in a human service field
- 2 + years of experience in social service for children or families
- Experience in child development
- Knowledge of community resources programs
- Train in recognizing abuse or neglect
- handle a variety of situations that may arise during visitations
- Valid driver's license with valid insurance
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Firefly Children & Family Alliance does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability.