Shipping Receiving Clerk - #196346
McLaren Health Care
Date: 06/08/2022 05:00 AM
City: Perry, Michigan
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Shipping Receiving Clerk- (22006200)
Under the direction of the Supervisor, the Shipping/Receiving Clerk is responsible for receiving, inspecting, storing, and delivering hospital materials, supplies, equipment, and records to user departments
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Receives incoming material, supplies, and equipment comparing information on the packing slip with the purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment.
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages in shipment and notifies supervisor and/or appropriate purchasing buyer.
- Delivers supplies and equipment to requesting department. Ensures proper handling and delivery of rush and refrigerated items.
- Ships outgoing packages through appropriate carrier.
- Inputs data from shipping documents and inventory into Materials Management computer system.
- Takes daily inventory and maintains nursing unit par level-exchange carts.
- Restocks nursing unit per pick ticket.
- Enters, files, and delivers requisitions as requested or required.
- Removes expired and damaged products from carts and shelves.
- Maintains a neat and clean working environment.
- Delivers or picks up items as defined in the schedule.
- Maintains an accurate inventory by spot-checking and/or cycle counts on hands with actual count.
- Maintains mailboxes as requested.
- Reports needed maintenance of hospital vehicles (washing, tire rotation, etc.) to the Supervisor.
- Sorts and distributes U.S. mail. Weighs, meters, and prepares outgoing U.S. mail. Records postage records as required.
- Schedules maintenance of copiers in message center.
- Performs other related responsibilities as necessary.
High School diploma or equivalent
Valid State of Michigan driver’s license and copy of current driving record required. The record must be within the approved regulations when compared to MGL insurance company’s regulations
One year of warehouse experience
Mail room experience
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Primary Location Michigan-Lansing-McLaren Greater Lansing
Work Locations McLaren Greater Lansing 2900 Collins Road Lansing 48910
Employee Status Regular
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
On Call Yes