Tumbler Operator Summerville - #196357
Date: 06/08/2022 05:00 AM
City: Cedar Bluff, Alabama
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we’re committed to more – more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what’s important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
12 Hour Night Shift
- Place bales of bottles from the warehouse using the lift truck to the bale staging area
- Positioning of bales on the bale track and removing the wire from bales
- Feed cut bale wire into wire chopper machine
- Monitor bottle flow into tumbler keeping a constant but even flow of bottles on the bale track
- Perform LOTO procedures put in place for a tumbler LTO
- Maintain clean and orderly work area
- Clean floors using floor scrap
- Transport good PET bottles to the baler area
- Keep buggy emptied under the tumbler
- Be willing to perform other duties as deemed necessary by the crew leader or supervisor.
- Must be able to pass a color-vision screening.
- Must be willing and able to work night shift (8 or 12 hours)
- Must be able to follow all manufacturing, safety rules and regulations
- Some lift truck experience required.
- Follow all rules and regulations as described in company policy including attendance policy
- Must be able to obtain an LTO license through Mohawk and follow all safety procedures related to LTO certification.
- Ability to Squat, bend, knee, twist, reach, and climb stairs and ladders.
- Frequent exposure to dust, temperature changes, and will be near moving equipment.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures, in an uncontrolled climate.
- Ability to work in a physically challenging and repetitive environment.
EOE MINORITIES / FEMALES / PROTECTED VETERANS / DISABLED
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.