General Manager-Store - #196359
Date: 06/08/2022 05:00 AM
City: Hubbardton, Vermont
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
We are looking to add a General Manager (GM) to lead our family. Our GM is responsible for the management of the ongoing day to day operations of the store, while adhering to Company policies and procedures; direct supervision of staff; maximizing store profits and ensuring a high level of customer service and store appearance.
We know you have many choices when choosing where to work. And what you really want to know before applying is, “What differentiates us from the rest?”
For over 75 years Global Partners has been delivering the energy, products and services that make life better with its nearly 1600 locations! This longevity and success begins and ends with people. We create career paths and provide development programs for all roles in the organization. We’ve also successfully developed community integrated convenience stores where we are transforming the guest experience and rethinking what it means to lead as the adaptive energy distribution company. This is a source of pride and frankly we don’t plan on stopping. We’re looking for people to contribute to our company’s direction. Global Partners is a great opportunity for those looking to develop their career with a longstanding company motivated by what’s next.
With our recent game changers such as PaybyCar Contactless Payment and Renewable Diesel Fuel, we are looking to continue responsible and innovative growth. No matter which area of the business you support or which brand you decide to advance within our food service concepts, Alltown Fresh, Ramuntos, D’Angelos, Subway, Aroma Joes, or even our convenience brands, XtraMart, Honey Farms, Fast Freddies, Mr Mikes, Alltown, Jiffy Mart, Gulf, Honey Dew, Mobil Mart, Verc, Convenience Plus Brands, we know your contributions will be extremely valued and rewarded.
The Types of “Energy” You Bring
- You are comfortable working in both an individual and team environment.
- You have superior relationship building skills and can establish a connection with guests and associates.
- You lead by example and demonstrate the importance of a guest first mentality.
- You are detailed oriented and have excellent organizational skills.
- You display the ability to direct others and prioritize tasks.
- You are a proven self-starter with demonstrated ability to make decisions.
- You analyze trends and apply a system thinking approach to complex issues.
- You handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently.
“Gauges” of Responsibility
- Maximize store profitability through managing all controllable expenses, optimizing all revenue streams, and leading and developing a high performing team.
- Responsible for guest and associate satisfaction, exceeding brand standards and managing the stores profitability.
- Select, develop and effectively lead a highly engaged team.
- Cultivate a positive shopping experience for all guests. Respond to guest complaints or inquiries. Solicit guest feedback, input, and information from various sources. Review information and create a plan to consistently meet the expectations of all guests.
- Responsible for staffing the store appropriately to cover the guest and business demands of a 24/7 business. Proactively identify hiring needs across the store.
- Allocate resources, delegate work, and effectively manage time through efficient scheduling and usage of labor hours.
- Conduct all aspects of management training. Overseeing and monitor the training of all associates to ensure proficiency of skills and job safety is taught.
- Create and sustain an inclusive store atmosphere by taking intentional steps to understand the diversity of the store team and encourage mutual understanding and respect while promoting a productive, engaged team environment.
- Value store associates through celebration and recognition.
- Support the development of associates and store management team through appropriate talent management processes (e.g., performance management, development plans, career conversations, development opportunities).
- Provide overall direction and support for team and monitor and assess individual work in accordance with high standards of excellence. Provide feedback, coaching, support opportunities for development, complete performance appraisals, take corrective action when appropriate, and participate in hiring decisions.
- Ensure conditions across the store meet or exceed standards for safety, service, and overall operational efficiency by analyzing opportunities and ensuring execution of established policies, procedures, practices and programs.
- Adhere to work designs and implement improvement actions across the store. Manage all safety programs and ensure proper execution and compliance.
- Report and document all guest and associate incidences in the appropriate time frame. Ensure compliance to all federal and local laws and to all company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for leading change initiatives, championing programs and educating associates on the reason and need for change. Ensure programs are executed according to design, integrated and sustained.
- Accountable to meet or exceed key performance metric targets/projections; deliver budgeted merchandise gross profit by executing the merchandise plan.
- Maintain awareness of store-level and organizational financial performance trends to help achieve store profitability.
- Manage financial plans for the store by reviewing and interpreting financial reports and take appropriate action as required to achieve goals. Ensure execution of all plans.
- Analyze income statement and utilize reports to ensure store’s profitability. Manage inventory to maximize sales, control costs and reduce waste; proactively recognize trends across the store. Manage cash management procedures.
- Analyze results and trends from audits (internal and external) and take the appropriate action to resolve/address issues.
- Build relationships with community partners to connect the store with its community.
“Fuel”for You -
- Coins! We offer competitive salaries and opportunities for growth. We mean it! We have an amazing Talent Development Team who create trainings for growth and job development.
- Health + Wellness - Medical, Dental, Visions and Life Insurance. Along with additional wellness support.
- The Road Ahead – We offer 401k and a match component!
- Professional Development - We provide tuition reimbursement; this benefit is offered after 6 months of service.
The GPS of our Interview Process
- First thing first, if you’re interested in the role, please apply.
- The hiring manager will review your resume. If your experience would lend to this opportunity a recruiter or manager will contact you.
- We conduct either in person or “in person” zoom interviews and provide additional interview information needed at that time.
- Must be available to work flexible hours that may include day, nights, weekends and or holidays.
- Leadership experience in a fast-paced retail, food service or fuel environment preferred.
- Experience selecting, training, and managing staff.
- Experience with labor allocation, sales building, scheduling, and managing expenses.
- Experience coaching and developing team members through proper leadership skills.
- Must be able to perform the following physical behaviors repetitively throughout a shift: standing, walking, handling, reaching: horizontally, above the shoulder and below the waist, grasping firmly, pushing buttons, bending, crouching, kneeling, squatting, and stooping.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Research shows that many, especially women and other marginalized people, are hesitant to apply for job if they don’t check every box. If you are excited about this position, and think you could have an impact here, please apply anyway, even if you don’t meet every point on the job description. We’d love to hear from you.
Global is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a highly qualified, diverse and dedicated work force and maintains a zero-tolerance policy with respect to discrimination in its workplace. We consider applications for all positions without regard to age, ancestry, race, gender, color, religion or creed, marital status, national origin, citizenship, disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, prior record of arrest or conviction, unemployment status or any other classification or status protected by applicable state, local or federal law. If you have a disability and need an accommodation to apply, please contact our recruiting department at 781-891-4000.