Stockhandler - #196385
Date: 06/08/2022 05:00 AM
City: Niles, Illinois
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Under the direction of and reporting to the Department Leader, the Stock Handler follows procedures and instructions to physically transfer materials between processes or areas, maintaining accurate inventory and traceablitiy records
Material handling activities include (but are not limited to) receiving, basic visual inspection, stocking, returns, picking, counting, weighing, packaging, kitting, issuing and delivering. Works with general supervision
- Performs a variety of administrative tasks such as verifying or filling out paperwork, inputting or providing data, maintaining inventory accuracy, etc., and data entry or reporting.
- Performs a variety of organizational functions such as counting, weighing packaging etc. to prepare materials for subsequent processes.
- Physically transfers material from one process to another.
- Follows all safety procedures identified in the stock area in regard to bending, lifting and the operation of all material handling equipment.
- Coordinates and prioritizes materials and item movements from receiving and product drop off areas, sorts and stores on racks, trays and shelves in a predetermined order, i.e. stocking parts.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to stock or marks information on containers.
- Picks material from racks, trays and shelves, and prepares them for assembly, sub-assembly, spare part orders or other subsequent processes.
- Maintains accurate inventory records and traceability on inventory items.
- Identifies non-conformance.
- Promotes teamwork and cooperative efforts.
- May be required to run simple motorized equipment to perform functions (e.g. bandsaw, chemical etching, vibro engraving)
- May be required to be certified and operate powered material handling equipment (e.g. forklift truck, motorized pallet handler, crane)
- Good reading, writing and math skills.
- Meet deadlines as required.
- Basic Knowledge of WISE.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere.
Education or Formal Training:
- High School diploma or equivalent, international equivalent desired or equivalent expererience.
- No related work experience required.
Woodward is an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of control solutions for the aerospace and energy markets. Our aerospace systems and components optimize the performance of fixed wing and rotorcraft platforms in commercial, business and military aircraft, ground vehicles and other equipment. Our energy-related systems and components enhance the performance of industrial gas and steam turbines, reciprocating engines, compressors, wind turbines, electrical grids and other energy-related industrial equipment. The company’s innovative fluid energy, combustion control, electrical energy, and motion control systems help customers offer cleaner, more reliable and more efficient equipment. Our customers include leading original equipment manufacturers and end users of their products
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Primary Location United States-Illinois-Niles
Schedule FULL TIME
Shift 2nd Shift / Evening Job