Middle School Spanish Teacher - Part Time - #196394
Princeton Day School
Date: 06/08/2022 05:30 AM
City: Princeton, New Jersey
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Princeton Day School seeks a part-time, Middle School Spanish teacher, beginning Fall 2022. A part-time teacher teaches 2 classes (1-2 preps), is an advisor to 6-8 students, has various duties and is expected to contribute to the school life outside the classroom in an extracurricular activity.
Candidates should be well educated teachers who are equally passionate about their subject and students. Candidates must work well in a collaborative environment, they should have an interest in and understanding of interdisciplinary work, and be able to utilize technology to enhance student learning. Successful candidates will be eager to help students develop the skills to communicate in the target language, and will be invested in creating classroom opportunities for students to explore the Hispanic world and cultures. Candidates should be able to teach the complete range of PDS students, from introductory to advanced levels and contribute to the community life of PDS.
- Bachelor’s degree in the Spanish language, literature, history and/or culture
- Demonstrated experience at both introductory and intermediate levels.
- Complete command of the language
- Strong background, beyond the language, in Spanish cultural traditions, history and literature
- Proven ability to work in a highly collaborative environment, and to communicate and lead through strong interpersonal skills
- Advanced Degree in in the Spanish language, literature, history and/or culture
- Instructional design, curriculum development and assessment experience (developing, delivering, and assessing)
- Experience with interdisciplinary work
- Experience teaching in independent schools
For this position, the ideal candidate is expected to:
- Foster a learning environment that is student centered and that supports students’ social and emotional needs
- Employ teaching practices rooted in current brain-based research
- Differentiate teaching and learning based on students’ cognitive needs and learning style
- Develop creative formative and summative experiences and assessments to evaluate student learning
- Provide opportunities for student self-assessment and engagement in the learning process
- Provide consistent oral and written communication to students and families
- Develop curriculum with department members
- Contribute to school life outside the classroom— coaching or other extracurricular activities
Princeton Day School aspires to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive community in which all members are seen, challenged, affirmed, respected and valued. We believe that in actively cultivating such an environment, we foster intellectual, social and emotional growth for all of our constituents. In order to be considered, interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and a list of at least three references to email@example.com.