Payment Systems Specialist - #196398
Farmers & Merchants State Bank
Date: 06/08/2022 05:30 AM
City: Archbold, Ohio
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Description: The Payment Operations Specialist will have a range of responsibility. These will include but not be limited to payment research, ACH support, processing incoming and outgoing wires. This will also include processing Customer payment disputes, returning payments in a timely manner, and maintenance accounts. Along with continuous training and development of the area of payments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Utilize sales training skills to provide outstanding customer service.
- Process wire transfers verifying funds, signatures, OFAC, and authorization
- Maintain wire and pin agreements.
- Ensure proper procedures for wires are followed to minimize losses to the Bank.
- Monitor daily balances for the correspondent banks, wiring funds to appropriate banks for daily settlement of F&M.
- Perform data entry and maintenance changes.
- Process payment disputes according to the required timelines
- Support customers and employees in payment research.
- Responsible for special projects as needed.
- Process ACH limits changes for ACH originators.
- Balance Debit Card ledger accounts.
- Balance and reconcile various Bank ledger and checking accounts.
- Prepare various reports to be presented to Management.
- Responsible for processing return ACH items.
- Balance cashier checks and wire funds accordingly.
- Comply and satisfactorily pass tests for bank policy and regulations that apply to position.
. Requirements: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One year certificate from college or technical school; minimum of 1 year of banking experience and prior knowledge of payment operations (ACH & Wires) preferred; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with individual or groups of customers or employees.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE and/or SKILLS
Must have working knowledge of mobile devices, computer operating systems and internet browsers. Knowledge of technical support issues related to Internet connectivity and PC troubleshooting experience a plus. Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook software. Must have strong telephone communication skills. Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively.
Job Type: Full-time