Social Worker - MSW (Transplant) - #196406
Date: 06/08/2022 05:30 AM
City: Findley Lake, New York
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
UPMC Hamot is currently hiring an MSW to join their Transplant team! This position will be be Full Time Flex status.
This position is eligible for a generous $6,000 sign-on bonus for a 2 year agreement.
The Social Worker is responsible for providing complete psychosocial assessments, crisis intervention, individual, family, group, bereavement and end of life counseling, and timely and appropriate discharge planning based on known or anticipated needs.
- Demonstrates expertise in accessing social systems by providing resource-specific information to patients and families, initiating contact with appropriate resources and facilitating the patient / family's ability to accept referrals.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of federal, state and local assistance programs and community resources that affect patient needs.
- Acts as a mentor to social work students and/or serves as a field instructor to MSW students.
- Successfully utilize therapeutic counseling methods such as crisis intervention, psychosocial support, brief goal-directed therapy, CISM and/or other appropriate therapeutic methods that may be appropriate to the clinical situation.
- Provides accurate, timely and appropriate documentation of all social work interventions in the medical record per regulatory policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of reimbursement systems, the ability to educate patients and families regarding payer requirements / coverage for post-acute care services and the ability to effectively advocate on behalf of the patient to obtain authorizations for continued care as appropriate.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify, assess, counsel and effectively intervene with medically and psychosocially complex patients with the ability to understand complex dynamics related to the clinical situation.
- Continue to monitor and evaluate the plan of care, options and available services throughout the hospital stay to effectively meet the patient and family's need. Reassess the plan of care as status changes or at a minimum of every 3 days.
- Demonstrate appropriate professional practice, maintaining respect for confidentiality and freedom of choice as outlined by the Code of Ethics by the National Association of Social Workers as well as the State Board of Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Professional Counselors.
- Collaborate effectively with the healthcare team, patients and families and relevant community resources to develop and implement and individualized plan of care.
- Educate and advocate for patients and families to enhance their ability to make informed decisions regarding medical care, discharge planning, advance directives and end of life care including actively participating in the guardianship process when appropriate.
- Complete a psychosocial assessment that includes social, economic, cultural, age-related and behavioral factors, history of child, elder or domestic abuse, prior psychiatric or substance abuse treatment, family and social support systems and all other available resources as appropriate to the clinical situation.
MSW degree from a CSWE accredited School of Social Work required.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Current / active Social Work License required or successful pass of the social work licensing exam within 9 months of employment.
- Clinical Social Worker (CSW) OR Licensed Social Worker (LSW)
- Act 34
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran