Staff Architect - Customer Experience & Success (CXS) Portfolio - Cyber/Security Focus - Opportunity for Working Remotely Palo Alto, CA - #196412
Date: 06/08/2022 05:30 AM
City: Palo Alto, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
The CXS Portfolio team is the global VMware organization that creates standardized, best practice customer success, professional services, learning, and support offers for use by VMware and partner organizations. The CXS Portfolio team is part of VMware’s Customer Experience & Success (CXS) organization.
The CXS Portfolio team has three major focus areas:
(1) Portfolio GTM – focuses on the creation of sales-aligned solutions and sales assets
(2) Outcome Engineering – focuses on the components of the service offering and the delivery/implementation assets
(3) Platforms & Apps – focuses on the development of platforms and apps that are utilized by our sales and delivery organizations
As part of the CXS Portfolio team and reporting to the Senior Director for CXS Portfolio Go-to-Market, the Security Solutions Staff Architect will create, package, and publish service offerings for security solutions and frameworks that are widely adopted by VMware sales teams and our partner ecosystem around the world. The solution and services will focus on delivering tangible business outcomes to our customers rather than just technology outcomes. A solution is one that has a direct business outcome (rather than an IT outcome) and the services we build deliver on the business outcome.
The successful candidate will ensure Solutions are defined, created, and available in a timely manner. In addition, will take the necessary steps to educate VMware sales teams and stakeholders to create a positive customer journey. Promote best practice and standardization across all geographies and regions
As you join VMware, you will help grow a company that makes meaningful and significant technology solutions and is committed to being a "force for good" in technology. Our mission is to become the trusted foundation for accelerating innovation in an unpredictable world. VMware software is essential for making the applications and devices your family and friends use every day a reality. Which means your work is essential for transforming everywhere.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- As a Staff Architect, you hold responsibility for creating, packaging and publishing service offerings for security solutions and frameworks that are widely adopted by VMware sales teams and our partner ecosystem around the world. The solution and services will focus on delivering tangible business outcomes to our customers rather than just technology outcomes. These offerings include strategy and roadmap services, assessment services, launch and governance services, and our Day 2 agile services.
- You will acquire intimate knowledge of the customers’ business and its strategic goals and use your in-depth knowledge of how to help organizations re-envision their service experience, services operations, and service delivery model and work with our services sales leadership, our product business units, and customers on building these service offerings.
- Within 45 days of employment, you will have developed impactful relationships with key stakeholders across the transformation consulting professional services teams, transformation consulting CXS portfolio team, and our product business units to build a roadmap of service offerings which we will release over the coming quarters and outline the sales materials which will be made available for these offerings.
- Within 90 days of employment, you’ll be expected to leverage your internal stakeholder relationships to interact with customers and evolve on these offerings based on their feedback.
- Proficiency in seeing the “big picture” with internal constituents and customers and how the key drivers of your efforts and deliverables related to each other and overall success
- Proficiency with concepts related to Zero Trust, intrinsic security, and ransomware
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Develop Security Solutions and aligned services positioning and packaging
- Assess market conditions and requirements for services aligned to transformation consulting solutions and work closely with the CXS Portfolio Product team to ensure alignment to BU-defined business solutions
- Gather detailed business and technical requirements from the field, BUs, customers and partners
- Define and create the transformation consulting solution / sales plays assets aligned to VMware’s Outcome-Focused Approach
- Promote services to the field teams responsible for positioning and selling services and act as SME
- Participate in the sales process to understand business objectives and product requirements, define and recommend effective solutions and services approaches
- Enable the field teams to successfully sell and deliver services for transformation consulting
- Work independently and proactively as a team with other Solution Architects and Outcome Engineering teams to ensure underlying services are in place to support the transformation consulting solutions
- Participate in sales activities to validate the created security solutions
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
You will report to the Senior Director, CXS Portfolio Go-to-Market. He has worked at VMware for 8 years, and has led all of the key groups within the CXS Portfolio team including product management, engineering, product marketing, and solutions go-to-market. The team is comprised of architects, product marketers, and business analysts who support our CXS Portfolio.
He believes in a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, ensuring a culture of belonging in the teams he leads, and he demonstrates this belief by example. This empowers the teams he leads to contribute fully to the business.
Where is this role located?
Remote: This role is fully remote, allowing you the flexibility to work from the location you feel most productive and comfortable. You will be expected to live within 4 time zones of the primary location.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing classes
This job may require the candidate to travel and/or work from a facility that requires full vaccination prior to entry.
VMware’s Professional Services team is obsessed with helping organizations achieve their goals with the power of VMware technology. As partners throughout their digital transformation, we work with customers to build the IT capabilities, competencies, and culture they need to improve employee and customer experiences, accelerate innovation, and confidently move into the future. Join our team, and you’ll work alongside a diverse group of people who are passionate about sharing their broad expertise and empowering you to do your best work. Our technology is changing the way the world’s biggest brands do business. Where will your impact be made?
Category : Services and Consulting
Subcategory: Solutions Architect
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2022-06-07
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.