Technical Product Trainer - #196418
Zurn Water Solutions
Date: 06/08/2022 05:30 AM
City: Findley Lake, New York
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Zurn Water Solutions is the unrivaled leader in water solutions for health, human safety, and the environment. With our ecosystem of products and systems that are at the core of sustainability we deliver solutions that protect human health, conserve resources, and optimize our customers results. Water sustains everything. At Zurn we are Sustainably Inspired!
We offer the largest breadth of engineered water solutions and sustainable plumbing products, while delivering total building solutions for new construction and retrofit applications. Zurn designs, procures, manufactures, and markets products that provide and enhance Water Safety & Control, Flow Systems, and Hygienic & Environmental solutions. Every day approximately 1,200 associates across the globe work to deliver sustainable solutions to our customers and create long-term value for our shareholders. Visit us at ZurnWaterSolutions.com to learn more about how we can be Sustainably Inspired together!
The Technical Product Trainer will lead the design and delivery of product training courses to Zurn’s key customer base including specifying engineers and architects, contractors and building owners. They will work collaboratively with engineering, product management and commercial sales associates to develop training content and course curriculum for the entire portfolio of product solutions. In addition, they will be responsible to provide technical training to Zurn’s field sales reps and internal associates.
- Become a “Subject Matter Expert” on assigned product solutions for customer, rep and associate training.
- Collaborate with Field Marketing Manager to develop and implement yearly training calendars and plans focused on technical training across Zurn’s portfolio of product solutions.
- Design, develop, & deliver technical training courses for Zurn’s specifying engineers and architects, contractors and building owners.
- Develop training presentations for use in Zurn’s LMS, based on the course work created for Zurn’s external customers.
- Work cross-functionally to develop CEU courses.
- Ensure training courses and supporting materials are technically accurate and meet engineering and product management guidelines.
- Answer product questions from Zurn’s field sales reps on assigned categories with diagnostic and troubleshooting skills using personal knowledge, experience, and available reference material.
- Coordinate presentation and supporting material, product samples and equipment logistics for assigned training courses.
- Evaluate and recommend capital expenditures when necessary that enhance the Zurn training experience.
- Stay current on training methods and procedures.
- Establish processes to gauge participants’ retention of information and collect feedback to evaluate training effectiveness and suggest program adjustments based on the objectives and the evaluation of technically focused curriculum. Share best practices with other team members.
- Determine ongoing strategic training objectives by evaluating existing knowledge gaps
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
- Preferred 3-5 years of technical training experience
- Preferred 1-3 year of product or customer support experience
- Prior experience in plumbing, water solutions or related industry highly preferred
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel 25-30% of the time, primarily in North America
Capabilities and Success Factors
- Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Business Insight – Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
- Manages Complexity – Making sense of complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Instills Trust – Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Total Rewards and Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, AD&D, and Life Insurance
- Matching 401(k) Contribution
- Health Savings Account
- Educational Reimbursement
- Matching Gift Program
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
At Zurn, we have a longstanding commitment to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion so that all associates feel welcome and valued.