Broadcast IT Technician - #196434
Date: 06/08/2022 05:30 AM
City: Memphis, Tennessee
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge? Do you love broadcast automation, digital environments, and new technology? Are you a solution seeker? ABC24 | CW30 in Memphis TN is searching for a Broadcast IT Technician with great people and communication skills, a strong work ethic, good troubleshooting skills, a great understanding of computers and software, and a passion for learning new things. Working with a team of great people, you will be responsible for integrating, maintaining , operating , and supporting broadcast and business IT systems. If you love being a part of a team working to transform the relationship between media and technology, then this might be the job for you. You need to have a strong understanding of computers and an innate ability to seek solutions. This role is a full-time, hourly position, with benefits.
- Support day to day operations of our news operations, equipment, and computer-based IT systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair computer hardware, software and peripherals, including network servers, storage, network operating systems, PCs and PC applications, LAN cabling, system security and virus protection.
- Maintain knowledge and stay current on technological advances including computer software and hardware, media and entertainment technologies, television broadcasting, studio production and workstation products.
- Maintain, support and upgrade broadcast and IT environments throughout the station including the news department, sales and traffic departments, and/or television broadcast studios.
- Must possess strong personal interaction skills, good communication skills with non-technical end-users, ability to work under pressure and deadlines, and ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Available to work various hours and days including weekends, overnights, and holidays, as needed.
- Other duties as directed.
- TV broadcasting experience is preferred.
- Degree in electronics, IT, or other technology field preferred but work experience in a technology field is also acceptable.
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain television broadcast equipment, computer systems and networking equipment.
- ABC24 | CW30 and ABC24.com is a 24/7 media, content creation and sales environment, so applicants must be flexible to accommodate shift changes including extended hours, weekends, and evenings if necessary.
- Self-starter, able to work efficiently without direct supervision.
- Must possess strong personal interaction skills, good communication skills, ability to work under pressure and deadlines, and ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs., climb ladders and work on elevated surfaces, pull and install wiring, use hand and power tools, work on small components, and perform other physical tasks.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Get job alerts by email.
Sign up now! Join Our Talent Network!