Mail Courier - #196440
University of Oklahoma
Date: 06/08/2022 05:30 AM
City: Lexington, Oklahoma
Salary: $1,273 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Student Post Office mail courier and delivery person.
Required Education: High school diploma or GED.
- 12 months experience in shipping and receiving
- Basic math and computer skills
- Ability to accurately read and understand written materials and instructions
- Detail oriented for accuracy of data and information
- General office skills such as multiline phone, copying, filing, faxing, and mail
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Valid Oklahoma Driver License in order to drive University vehicles or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire date.
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Ability to engage in repetitive motion.
- Lift weight up to 75 lbs.
- Frequent moving, pulling and carrying of nonuniform objects.
- Must be able to determine the condition of items by sight
- Exposure to extreme temperature changes.
- Previous mailing or USPS mail handling experience.
- Cash handling experience.
- Customer service experience.
- If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/PoliciesHandbooks/TBTesting.
- The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check? Yes
: Hiring contingent upon Post Offer Employment Testing (POET)
: Jun 7, 2022
JOB DESCRIPTION HELP
Documents required for this position are listed under the "Required Attachments" section of this job listing. You will be required to upload and attach these documents in the application process
Important: ALL required documents must be attached to your job application or your documents will not be visible to the hiring department!