Financial Specialist AO - Operational - #196456
State of New Mexico
Date: 06/08/2022 06:00 AM
City: Chimayo, New Mexico
Salary: $26,116 - $45,440 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
$12.56 - $21.85 Hourly
$26,116 - $45,440 Annually
This position is a Pay Band 50
Purpose of Position
This posting may be used to fill multiple vacancies.
This posting will be used to conduct an ongoing recruitment and will remain open until all positions have been filled.
Why does the job exist?
The Financial Specialist, AO - Operational will:
- Assist in providing customer service support for the Human Services Department (HSD) Income Support Division (ISD) Program Administration Bureau (PAB);
- Perform purchasing and accounts payable duties for the PAB.
How does it get done?
The Financial Specialist, AO - Operational is responsible for:
- Assisting the PAB Fiscal Section and ISD field offices;
- Following-up on pending accounts payable items;
- Tracking, reviewing and submitting invoices for the PAB;
- Creating purchase requisitions and ordering necessary supplies;
- Making receipt documents;
- Processing travel reimbursements.
Who are the customers?
- The New Mexico HSD/ ISD Program Administration Bureau (PAB) staff;
- Contractors providing services for the Income Support Division.
The ideal candidate hasexperience:
- Preparing and processing payments;
- With small purchase requests;
- With Microsoft Excel, Accounts Payable and the Statewide Human Resources Accounting and Reporting Financial Module (SHARE);
- Organizing and tracking files, projects and tasks.
High School diploma or Equivalency and one (1) year experience in bookkeeping, accounting and/or finance. Substitutions Apply. See Substitution Table below.
These combinations of education and experience qualify you for the position:
High School Diploma or Equivalent
# of months or years of experience specified in the minimum qualification
Zero years of experience
- Education and years of experience must be related to the purpose of the position.
- If Minimum Qualification requires a specific number of "semester hours" in a field (e.g. 6 semester hours in Accounting), applicants MUST have those semester hours in order to meet the minimum qualifications. No substitutions apply for semester hours.
Must possess and maintain a valid Driver's License.
Executive Order 2021-066 requires all employees with the State of New Mexico to provide either proof of COVID-19 vaccination (including proof of a booster dose of vaccine by January 17, 2022, or within four weeks of becoming eligible for a booster dose) or proof of a COVID-19 viral test every week.
The Public Health Order (on Vaccination) dated December 2, 2021, requires Congregate Care Facility Workers and Hospital Workers to have received a primary series of vaccination by October 6, 2021, and a booster dose of vaccine by January 17, 2022, or within four weeks of becoming eligible for a booster.
Links to the referenced Executive Order and Public Health Order can be found on the State Personnel Office website homepage: www.spo.state.nm.us
Work is performed primarily in an office setting with exposure to Visual/Video Display Terminal (VDT) and extensive personal computer to include working with computers, faxes, copiers and printers, and phone usage with extended periods of sitting, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, reaching, kneeling and crawling. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. Some travel may be required.
Do you know what Total Compensation is? Click here
Agency Contact Information: Brenda Trujillo, (505) 709-5664.
For information on Statutory Requirements for this position, click the Classification Description link on the job advertisement.
Bargaining Unit Position
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement and all terms/conditions of that agreement apply and must be adhered to.