Teacher, English Language - High School - #196471
Kalispell Public Schools
Date: 06/08/2022 06:00 AM
City: Kalispell, Montana
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Salary: Commensurate with Salary Schedule 2022-2023 Salary Matrix. Exempt, benefits-eligible, 187 days + 8 holidays + 4 personal days.
Open Until Filled
- Teaches English curriculum as outlined by District No. 5 curriculum guides and the department.
- Meets the diverse needs of students in the classroom by providing an appropriate learning environment.
- Provides quality instruction by using effective lesson plan development and strategies.
- Establishes effective classroom management, safety procedures, and behavior expectations.
- Works creatively, cooperatively, and establishes positive relationships with colleagues and guardians of students.
- Participates in school and district professional development activities.
- Attends building and district meetings as required.
- Supports Special Education students by implementing IEP and 504 plans.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the building administration or department head which may include, but are not limited to the following: monitor hallways, monitor assemblies, and conduct parent teacher conferences.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Skill in standard based instruction and assessment.
- Skill in the use of technology to enhance instruction and communication.
- Ability to work as a contributing member of effective teaching teams.
- Ability to maintain effective professional relationships with staff, students, and parents.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Skill, dedication and aptitude for working with students.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with people with a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain student confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain regular and acceptable attendance levels.
- Bachelor’s degree; AND,
- State of Montana Educator license with appropriate endorsement(s) in English.
- Recent successful classroom experience in a high school setting.
- Ability to coach and/or direct activities.
- Ability to stand on feet for extended periods of time, stoop, bend, lift, and carry items up to 40 pounds.
Primary Location GLACIER HIGH SCHOOL Salary Range Per Year Shift Type Full-Time
Job Type: Full-time