Kennel Technician - #196472
Date: 06/08/2022 06:00 AM
City: Capon Bridge, West Virginia
Salary: $2,163 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Since 1987, MSA Security has served as an industry leader in high-consequence threat protection and specialized training for corporate and government clients. The MSA team is comprised of security professionals with diverse backgrounds in law enforcement, elite military units, and the private sector, all working together to provide unparalleled explosive detection, consulting, training and perimeter security services. MSA combines hands-on expertise with information and technology to minimize our client’s vulnerabilities to threats and lessen risks in order to protect their personnel and property.
Minimum Position Requirement. MSA will satisfy the requirement of the PWS for this position and assign someone who:
- Will possess or be able to obtain a minimum MRPT level clearance
- Will have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Will have a well maintained driving history
- Will have knowledge of traffic and safety regulations, practices and procedures pertaining to motor vehicle operation, and passenger safety rules.
- Will have the ability to read installation maps to determine the shortest and safest route.
- Will have basic mechanical skills.
- Will be required to work Shift Work.
- Will have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, while handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Will have the ability to lift fifty (50) pounds at least chest high.
- Will have the ability to build/maintain professional working relationships.
- Manage the logistical support for transporting personnel and canines to and from a pre-determined location.
- Drive and transport personnel including canines in and around Northern Virginia region.
- Provide Log Reports
- Provide Incident Reports
- Assign with minor maintenance, cleaning and inventory
- Feed, walk, exercise, and bath canines as needed in our care.
- Administer medications as indicated by veterinarian personnel.
- Bring canines to and from the kennel during before, during and after training.
- Clean up after canines both inside the facility and outside, and clean canine kennels.
- Maintain the training and kennel facility as a whole by performing tasks including, but not limited to sweeping/mopping floors, wiping counters, taking out trash, cleaning bathrooms, and checking equipment and supplies.
- Assist other staff members on occasion with such tasks as prepping training floors or food for canines.
- Be available on weekends and holidays to tend to kenneled canines.
- Manage the logistical support for transporting personnel to and from a pre-determined location.
- Working in either an overnight or daytime capacity:
o Manage the logistical support for transporting personnel, materials and equipment
o Transport personnel and/or canines to and from a pre-determined location
o Feed, walk, exercise, and bathe canines in accordance with established protocol
o Administer medications as directed by veterinary personnel
o Adhere to established sanitation guidelines
o Augment logistical support personnel as directed by veterinary staff
Starting pay rate is $21.63/hr.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit: EEOC Poster, EEOC GINA Supplement, and OFCCP EEOC Supplement
MSA Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)