LVN ED Variable (ID: 22011495) - #196479
Baylor Scott & White Health
Date: 06/08/2022 06:00 AM
City: Rockwall, Texas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
PRN (4 shifts month minimum requirement)
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) is a licensed nurse who uses the BSWH nursing professional practice model to deliver patient care as part of the health care team. Using the nursing process and under appropriate supervision, the LVN Performs focused assessments and participates in care planning interventions and evaluations. The LVN documents and reports to the supervising RN the assessment information and changes in patient condition, in accordance with the Texas Nursing Practice Act (NPA).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Clinical Judgment: Using clinical reasoning, conducts accurate focused assessments according to practice standards and LVN Scope of Practice. Reports data to assist RN in developing plan of care and formulation of goals/outcomes for the patient and family needs.
- Clinical Inquiry: Participates in evaluating the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice, including, but not limited to, nursing sensitive indicators.
- Caring Practices: Creates a compassionate, supportive, safe and therapeutic environment for patients, families and staff. Participates in management of both emotional and physical pain with the aim of promoting comfort and healing and preventing unnecessary suffering.
- Response to Diversity: Recognizes, appreciates and incorporates a patient's and family's unique differences, such as culture, spiritual beliefs, gender, race, ethnicity, lifestyle, socioeconomic status, age, and values, into an individualized plan of care.
- Advocacy and Moral Agency: Preserves and protects the confidentiality, autonomy, dignity and rights of patient and family. Identifies/reports and participates in resolving ethical and clinical concerns.
- Facilitation of Learning: Facilitates learning for patients and families, nursing staff, other members of the health care team and community throughout the delivery of care.
- Collaboration: Under the direction of RN/provider, Works collaboratively and interdependently with colleagues and community to implement an integrated plan of care. Open and sensitive to all team members unique contributions.
- Systems Thinking: Participates in Using strategies and available resources for problem-solving for patients, family and staff.
- Professionalism: Identifies personal goals and seeks opportunities to pursue life-long learning through continuing education, networking with professional colleagues, membership and involvement in professional nursing organizations, self-study, professional reading, certification and seeking advance degrees.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Knowledge and understanding of nursing and patient care standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of laws, rules and regulations; standards and guidelines of certifying and accrediting bodies; hospital and department/unit standards, protocols, policies and procedures governing the provision of nursing care applicable to the area of assignment.
- Knowledge of medical terminology; principles and practices of health promotion, risk reduction, illness and disease prevention and management; medications and drugs, common dosages, their physical and physiological effects, and possible adverse reactions.
- Knowledge of medical and professional nursing ethics and patient privacy rights.
- Must be able to communicate thoughts clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Interpersonal skills to interact with a wide-range of constituencies.
- Must have critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to observe changes in the medical condition of patients and effectively communicate these changes to other nursing staff members and physicians/providers.
- Ability to provide age-specific, quality, patient-centered care to all patients through the nursing process and standards of nursing practice with sensitivity and respect for the diversity of human experience.
- General computer skills, including but not limited to: Microsoft Office, information security, scheduling and payroll systems, electronic medical documentation, and email.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
EDUCATION: H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
EXPERIENCE: Less than 1 Year of Experience
- License Pract/Vocational Nurse (LVN)
- Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or transfer.