Customer Logistics Manager - #196481
Date: 06/08/2022 06:00 AM
City: Bangor, Maine
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys\attachment.do?sys\id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Manager Customer Logistics will oversee the day-to-day operations within an assign function, and is responsible for all aspects of Operations and Account Management . Mainly responsible for the leadership of direct reports as well as the attainment of daily operational goals within his/her assigned functional area.
- Customer service satisfaction and expectation management
- Staffing performance management and development of exempt and non-exempt employees
- Manage day-to-day planning and scheduling
- Health and Safety Management
- State/Local/Federal regulations compliance
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work within international functional teams
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area
- Off shift support in the event of critical customer network disruption or crisis
- Makes decisions in a a timely manner
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Associate's degree required
- Bachelor's degree preferred Related field
- Five (5) years or more Logistics, Transportation, Warehouse or industry related field experience required
- Five (5) years or more Previous plant experience required
- Five (5) years or more Contingency planning and crisis management support experience required
- One (1) year or more direct supervisory experience required
- Five (5) years or more 3PL experience required
- One (1) year or more LLP (lead Logistics Provider) background required
Job Category: Logistics
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.