Administrative Support - #196502
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Paterson
Date: 06/08/2022 06:30 AM
City: Saddle River, New Jersey
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
For over 75 years, Catholic Family and Community Services, has provided at little or no cost, a full spectrum of services to individuals who are oppressed, families who are in crisis and communities who are disenfranchised.
Located throughout the New Jersey Counties of Passaic, Morris and Sussex, we provide professionally based social services, including Behavioral Health Programs, Veterans Services, Children’s Programs, Senior and Aging Services and much more.
Hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday
Location: Paterson NJ
Answer agency phone line to direct consumers to the appropriate department sought. Attend clients and direct inquiries on the phone and in-person for walk-ins. Supply information regarding the organization to the consumers
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer the telephone, screen and direct calls. Will take and relay messages as needed
- Responsible in providing information to callers
- Greet persons entering organization and direct persons to correct destination
- Deal with queries from the public and consumers
- Ensure knowledge of staff movements in and out of the organization
- Monitor visitor access and maintain security awareness
- Initiate consumer data entry in HMIS or AWARDS system
- Provide general administrative and clerical support
- Prepare correspondence and documents
- Receive and sort mail deliveries
- Schedule appointments and maintain appointment log either manually or electronically
- Monitor and maintain office equipment
- Control inventory relevant to reception area; tidy and maintain the reception area
- Manages time and works independently with accuracy and complete adherence to the policy and procedures
- Responsible for other duties that may be assigned from time to time to support the effective and efficient operation of Catholic Charities
- College degree preferred or equivalent work experience. Minimum 3 years' work experience in related field.
- Knowledge of NJ Housing programs and community resources.
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Bilingual Spanish required.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good writing and speaking skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and CMS database.
Great Benefits: For full time positions, (30+ per week) we offer:
- We provide PAID training
- Medical/vision and dental
- Life insurance (agency-paid), supplemental life insurance (employee-paid)
- Accidental/Critical Illness Insurance
- 403B (with company-matching)
- Generous paid time off
- Employee discount programs (i.e., travel, movies, cellphone), etc.
- Collaborative team environment
- Career growth opportunities