Bilingual Care Navigator - #196503
Access-Supports for Living
Date: 06/08/2022 06:30 AM
City: Wurtsboro, New York
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Location: Middletown, NY
Hours: 830 am to 6 pm
We are looking for dynamic Care Navigators (CN) who are passionate about for working closely with individuals who have struggled due to the pandemic to promote effective connection and collaboration to services. Project Rapid Engagement And Community Health (REACH) CN will provide services outside of our clinic’s four walls, prioritizing access for individuals living in the historically underserved and marginalized communities of Middletown and Newburgh in Orange County, and Kingston and Ellenville/Wawarsing in Ulster County.
The position of CN is responsible for working closely with individuals to promote effective connection and collaboration to services. CN will report to Project Director and collaborate with Care Management Department. CNs will assist in removing the barriers of care by identifying critical resources, navigating through health care services, insurance plans, and systems. Effective Care Navigators build working relationships, solve problems, direct to resources, and manage information. Full Time 40 hours M-F 10-6 occasional evenings and weekends. Travel up to 75% of the time.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: Include coordination to improve quality of care through the efficient use of resources and thereby enhancing quality, cost-effective outcomes.
- Will provide care navigation support in communities to assist individuals to connect to a range of services based on their needs
- Complete referrals to care management services and other internal and external services as needed.
- For referrals to care management – follow up with the individual until a warm hand-off to care management is complete.
- Identify and effectively utilize community resources to meet the needs of the member/family. Facilitate access to community resources.
- Collaborate with providers and other healthcare team members
- Serve as a liaison to providers, members and families for coordination of services.
- Work collaboratively as part of a team
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish
- Awareness of Orange and/or Ulster Counties services systems and Latinx communities
- Ability to manage conflict, stress and multiple simultaneous work demands in an effective and professional manner.
- Ability to work well independently, while collaborating with other team members.
- Ability and willingness to self-motivate, to prioritize and change processes to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Adapts to changing program or organizational priorities.
- Computer literacy. Ability to navigate Electronic Health Records and other systems
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma and 2 years equivalent experience providing case management related supports
- Awareness of Orange and/or Ulster Counties services systems
- Experience working with cultural humility in diverse (Hispanic/Latino/Latinx) communities
- Must be capable of standing for long-periods of time
- May be subjected to long-periods of sitting or standing
- Able to work in open space floor plan
- Work alongside co-workers and community members within 3 feet