IT - #196559
Date: 06/08/2022 06:30 AM
City: Woodford, Virginia
Salary: $15 / hour
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Under the general supervision of the Manager of Information Services, works in conjunction with IS Staff and shares responsibility for the installation, configuration, system management and operation of Client hardware and software for Kings Dominion. Provide Tier 1 support for associates and technical staff. Performs other related duties as assigned to support an effective Network for the Associates of Kings Dominion
This position has a starting wage of $15.00 an hour, plus the fun benefits of free park entry for yourself, the opportunity to earn admission tickets for your friends and family, as well as awesome employee appreciation events!
How You'll Make A Difference:
You will be responsible for supporting day-to-day information technology (IT) operations for Kings Dominion. You will be assisting system administrators with providing systems support for end users. You will complete support tasks for hardware devices and software packages, help with installation setups, and POS systems. You will work on removing security threats and malware from our systems
We're Looking For:
- Ability to effectively communicate to end users and work in a team environment.
- Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of personal computer in a Windows environment
- Knowledge PC hardware and components including processors, mother boards, accessories, cards, peripherals.
- Knowledge of PC application software including word processing (MS Word), spreadsheets (MS Excel) and E-Mail (MS Outlook).
- Knowledge of PC operating systems - such as Windows 7, 8 and 10.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts including days, nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs. This position is classified as a seasonal position. Hours will vary between 16 to 40 hours in a given week, based on staffing needs.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Driver's License
- On the job training will be given, Current or past study in computer science, information technology, or a related field is not required for this position, but would be a plus