Supervisor/District Operations - #196647
Date: 06/08/2022 07:30 AM
City: Tombstone, Arizona
Salary: $77,574 - $96,969 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Supervisor/District Operations is responsible for supervising and administering all activities related to Construction and Customer Service accountabilities in a division or district location of Southwest Gas Corporation. Additional departments the incumbent may be responsible for supervising include; Technical Services, Customer Assistance, Warehouse and Meter Reading.
There are clear precedents and practices which the incumbent uses to determine how this job is performed. This position requires 6-8 years of relevant work experience.
Reporting directly to this position are up to 16 non-exempt employees. The incumbent may be directly or indirectly responsible for a budget, typically ranging from $1MM to $5MM, but may vary depending on project complexity or management approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise, coordinate and monitor daily work activities of district or field Construction and Customer Service personnel providing 24/7 routine and emergency response in a dynamic environment. May be responsible to supervise Technical Services, Customer Assistance, Warehouse and Meter Reading.
- Review construction plans to determine if design, cost estimates, safety and compliance considerations are adequate
- Provide technical supervision for the construction, modification and maintenance of gas facilities
- Coordinate mandatory, on-going employee training (OQ, Block, Competent Person, Pipe & Steel Joining, Respirator, HR, EMRF, etc.)
- Make critical decisions relative to field incidents and code compliance activities sometimes with limited information, including implementation of Incident Management System (IMS), evacuations, gas control and service restoration
- Provide incident documentation compliant with Company policies and procedures
- Track, monitor, review and approve detailed Construction Department activities through Work Management System (WMS)/Field Operations Management System (FOMS)
- Oversee Construction related compliance activities including multiple DOT, State Commission, requirements, OSHA and environmental requirements and procedures (using WMS/FOMS)
- Oversee the activities of multiple contract construction crews as well as contractor management for timely completion of assigned work
- Administer blanket and bid contracts, negotiate and recommend acceptance or denial of change requests
- Track, monitor and audit compliance with Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) regulations
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints and inquiries
- Monitor O&M activities to ensure compliance with Company policies as well as local, state and federal regulatory requirements
- Establish and promote good working relationships with other departments
- Establish and promote positive working relationships/liaison with customers, developers, municipalities, utilities and emergency response agencies
- Advise customers and contractors on job/project requirements, scheduling, permit requirements, Damage Prevention, Public Education Program and special considerations
- Resolve operating problems
- Monitor standards of work performance provided to residential and commercial customers
- Ensure appropriate inventory control and procurement
- Administer safety program to achieve the lowest possible accident rate
- Assist with development and forecasting of departmental operating maintenance and capital budgets
- Represent the Company to outside organizations and the community in ways that will enhance its image in the public and business sectors
- Assist in the settlement of minor claims
- Coordinate, conduct and monitor special studies related to Construction, Customer Service, Customer Assistance, Meter Reading, Warehouse and/or Technical Services
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Regular and predictable attendance is a condition of employment and is an essential function of the job
$77,574 - $96,969
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation (DOT) under Title 49 CFR Part 382 and Part 40. Any applicant/employee who performs a DOT covered function or is licensed and would operate a commercial vehicle for the Company will be subject to drug and alcohol testing under the Company’s DOT drug and alcohol testing programs. Any employment, transfer, or promotion offer made for this position is contingent upon taking and passing a drug test prior to the commencement of the new role. If an applicant/employee fails the drug test, any offer of employment, transfer, or promotion will be revoked.