Admissions Counselor (2 Positions) - #196650
Arapahoe Community College
Date: 06/08/2022 07:30 AM
City: Littleton, Colorado
Salary: $47,321 - $53,000 / year
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
At ACC, every employee is focused and responsible for student success. We promote a culture of inclusivity and innovation through individualized support, passionate employees, and a welcoming environment. Hands on experiences and personalized attention make learning come alive at ACC enabling our diverse community of students and staff to develop the knowledge and skills they need to reach their academic and career goals. Since 1965, ACC has supported a culture of achievement and has been the place of choice for people who want to Move Mountains.
ACC seeks applicants who understand and have first-hand experience with historically marginalized populations such as people of color, LGBTQ+ community members, veterans, first generation graduates, and people with disabilities.
The Admissions Counselor is responsible for student recruitment services in a designated territory within ACC’s service area. These services consist of daily information sessions, advising students and individuals within the student’s support system, such as family members, about the admissions process, coordinating recruitment events, and representing the College at recruitment events. Additionally, the Admissions Counselor will function as a part of ACC’s Welcome Center and assists with answering the main College information line, providing customer service to visitors, and supervising student employees.
Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Admissions, the Admissions Counselor will build strong, quality relationships and enhance communication to increase enrollment consistent with the College’s mission of access to all students, serving with equity those traditionally underserved by higher education (e.g. adult learners, Black, Indigenous, People of Color, parenting, low income students, first to attend college learners, Veterans, working adults, and students with disabilities).
This position is ideally suited toward an energetic, self-motivated, and goal-oriented professional. This position requires extensive travel throughout ACC’s service area, which includes the Denver metro area. Must be able to travel throughout the service area and participate in events during the evenings and weekends.
ACC Equity Statement
We welcome and value the identities and experiences of our students, staff, faculty, and surrounding communities. We seek to engage and support historically marginalized groups whom higher education has traditionally failed to serve. We work to foster an equitable and inclusive learning and work environment that supports our students and employees through professional development, programming, reflection, and transformational change of ACC practices, procedures, services, and teaching. We collectively commit to holding ourselves accountable to our equity goals through assessing these efforts with multiple strategies that include voices of those impacted by this work.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively in visual, oral, and written form as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Proficient with current technological tools, including Microsoft Office.
- Student-centered customer service mindset.
- Ability to work effectively with students from a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to work independently.
- Associate degree, or higher, from an accredited institution.
- Experience in a K-12, post-secondary, or closely related setting, working with students preparing to enter or reenter higher education.
- Ability to participate in off-campus location events in the general metro areas of SW Denver during early mornings, late evenings and on weekends. Ability to travel to off-campus recruiting events, including K-12 and community settings.
- Experience in customer-service and/or ability to interact and develop relationships with individuals of varying social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of Ellucian Recruit CRM, Banner and/or Navigate.
- Experience in a higher education or community college setting.
- Experience in college recruiting, high volume customer service or sales.
Physical & Cognitive Demands
The following are some of the physical and cognitive demands commonly associated with this position.
- Occasionally moves, positions, and transports standard office supplies and presentation equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- This position operates in an office environment and constantly uses a computer, and routinely uses standard office equipment including phones, copiers, etc.
- The person in this position constantly communicates with internal and external constituents and students. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Cognitive demands include comparing, copying, computing, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, synthesizing, negotiating, communicating, instructing, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to travel throughout ACC’s service area. After-hours or weekend work is required.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
Arapahoe Community College provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process and/or during the course of employment, please contact Angela Johnson, Director of Human Resources, at 303.797.5715 or Angela.Johnson@arapahoe.edu.
Advertised Salary Range
Salary range for this position is $47,321 to $53,000, commensurate with education and experience. AP 3-45 provides information regarding salary placement and adjustments. This is a full-time, FLSA-exempt position. This position has been exempted from the State Classified System.
All applicants must submit:
- Detailed letter of interest (cover letter) addressing the job announcement. Please include your experiences embedding equity and inclusion in your work, see below.
At ACC we seek to hire candidates that demonstrate a commitment to and experience with embedding equity and inclusion into their professional role. Please address this specifically in your cover letter explaining what diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) means to you and how you may have incorporated DEI into your current or previous professional responsibilities.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Candidates who are selected to interview will be asked to submit a completed application form and the names and contact information for three professional references. Candidates will be evaluated based on their qualifications as related to the duties and responsibilities of the position. To apply, scroll down to the bottom of this page and click "Apply."
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at ACCAskHR@arapahoe.edu.
This position is open until June 27, 2022 at 4 PM MT.
At ACC, we value and uphold a commitment to a workplace that focuses on employees. Our mission is to provide innovative and responsive educational and economic opportunities in an accessible, inclusive environment that promotes success for students, employees, and the communities we serve. In addition to rewarding and meaningful work, we offer a comprehensive selection of benefits to support our employees, including:
- Strong, flexible retirement benefits including Colorado PERA’s Defined Benefit Plan or Defined Contribution Plan. ACC contributes 20.95% of your salary on your behalf. Supplemental retirement plans including 401(k), 403(b) and 457 plans are also available.
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and flexible savings benefits.
- Employee assistance services such as counseling, professional coaching, financial planning, and more, are available to you and members of your household at no cost through the Colorado State Employee Assistance Program (C-SEAP)
- Generous paid time off benefits including up to 15 hours of annual leave and 10 hours sick leave per month, 10 paid holidays per year, and up to 18 hours for academic and volunteer activities.
- Tuition assistance for employees and their eligible dependents at any community college within the Colorado Community College System or CCCOnline.
- State employees are eligible to participate in BenefitHub which offers discounts for retailers and services and other benefits resources.
- Employees may qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. Additional information about this program can be found on the Colorado Division of Human Resources website.
- New hires for full-time positions may be eligible for a relocation assistance benefit if relocating at least 100 miles to work at ACC. Information about this can be found in AP 3-160.
Notice to all Applicants
- Final candidate will be subject to successful completion of a background check, and, if applicable, a motor vehicle record review.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System, or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in their application material.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within thirty (30) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Arapahoe Community College participates in E-Verify.
- Arapahoe Community College is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.
- All ACC employees, except student employees, contribute to Colorado PERA at a fixed percentage of their earnings and do not contribute to Social Security.
- Finalist must be willing to make Colorado their primary workplace.
Arapahoe Community College is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policy 19-60. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, familial status, veteran or military status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other protected class or category under applicable local, state, or federal law (also known as “civil rights laws”), in connection with employment practices or educational programs and activities (including admissions).
For information regarding Arapahoe Community College Security, including Clery Act / Crime Statistics for the campuses and surrounding area, please see the Arapahoe Community College Annual Security Report. For a hard copy report, please contact the ACC Campus Police Department at 303.797.5800, Campus.Police@arapahoe.edu, or Room M2600 at 5900 South Santa Fe Drive, Littleton, Colorado 80120.