Principal, People Partner - #196662
Date: 06/08/2022 07:30 AM
City: Coal Creek, Colorado
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Principal, People Partner
Boulder, CO -
$110k - $160k
Outside is seeking an experienced and energetic Principal, People Partner to support the delivery of organizational development solutions for employees. This Principal is a key business resource dedicated to providing on-site direction, production, guidance and coaching to management and employees. We’re looking for an innovator; collaborative, business focused talent to join our team - not as a support function, but as a true partner to the business. The ideal candidate will contribute at both hands-on and strategic levels to cultivate an amazing and innovative Outside culture as it scales to double in size. This is a full-time permanent position that can be onsite in Boulder or work remote.
How you will Contribute?
You will be a champion of Outside’s culture and values, partnering with our Outside, Inc business leaders to help them build their organizations and a strong member of the People Operations team, participating in helping build a supportive People Operations team, while interacting in a collaborative way with your colleagues from across the USA, Canada, Australia, UK and Germany. You will champion the development of the People Operations initiatives, while acting as an important component of the broader People Operations team. Whether coaching our clients on how to lead their teams, navigating and resolving employee relational issues or managing programs that help develop team, you have an uncanny ability to prioritize and implement people-related solutions. You will be an integral part of the leadership team, so you’ll need to understand every aspect of the business and be a thought leader on HR topics. You will partner with a cross functional HR team based in Boulder to design and execute your strategy for how we staff, onboard, develop, motivate, retain and organize work.
As a core part of this hands-on work, you will be rolling out programs to support all local ‘Outsiders’ including employee relations, compensation, performance and development programs.
More specifically you will:
Partner with Leadership and Management:
- providing business partner consultation to the leadership and management teams in the area of operational people management, compensation, benefits, employee relations, team development, building and sustaining a culture to inspire, motivate employees and achieves business results.
- Provide strategic business partnership and coaching to senior leaders: focus on performance feedback, leadership development, and conflict management
Challenge the organizational structure of the internal client and propose changes Employee Relations & Employee Programs
Provide expertise in development and execution, planning, and facilitation of employee relations efforts
Employee Relations & Employee Programs:
- Provide expertise in development and execution, planning, and facilitation of employee relations efforts
- Successfully operate as an HR consultant to the local business groups becoming part of their teams, while having the ability to develop, manage and implement HR programs and day-to-day work.
- Provide business partner consulting to employees while assisting in developing strong team skills and individual development
- Partner, support and lead in developing and delivering HR strategies and programs to client group, including employee engagement, onboarding, staffing, compensation, performance management and training. Actively identify gaps, propose and implement changes necessary to cover risks
- Build a strong business relationship with internal clients
Management Coaching & Development:
- Coach local managers and help them to be effective leaders and great coaches for their employees
Partner with managers and focus specifically on that manager's development, including coaching and developing managers’ people skills, skills in setting goals, awareness and inclusion, delegating, providing accountability, delivering effective performance reviews and even coaching itself.
- Act as the performance improvement driver and provoke positive changes in people management
Local HR Expert within Broader People Ops Team:
- Challenge, recognize and effectively balance regional interests with the needs of the company at large
- Interpret and apply sound corporate policies, HR practices and standards.
- Monitor regulatory changes and address improper actions to minimize company risk.
- Assist in, design, and facilitate, when necessary, the roll-out of developmental and programmatic training as needed
- Administer leaves for client group in compliance with Federal and State Laws
What you will bring:
- 8+ years of HR experience ideally in both start-up and medium-sized businesses
- At least 5+ years experience as a Senior HR Business Partner or equivalent
- Hands-on, practical approach
- Designed and implemented organization-wide training and development programs
- Very strong credentials as an organizational leader with deep business acumen
- Experience developing, facilitating and coaching management and leadership training
- Comfortable operating in a fast-moving organization
- Proven ability to understand strategic organizational issues and influence change
- Experience in a large organization collaborating with other HR partners
- Demonstrated agility in a constantly changing environment and ability to cultivate strong relationships
- A hands-on learner with natural initiative and curiosity
- Possesses a high level of flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent working knowledge of compensation, employee relations, performance management, and compliance
- Proven success supporting various business groups and all levels of the organization
- BA in HR or Business Management or related field or equivalent work experience
- Polished written and verbal communication skills
- Superior editing, accuracy, attention to detail, respect for and ability to manage towards deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills assessed by a proven track record as a team player, collaborator, coach and facilitator
- Ability to identify and prioritize key objectives while managing daily tactical requirements
- Solid understanding of federal/state laws and compliance requirements
- Strong customer service focus with a sense of urgency and excellent follow through
- Ability to gain strong credibility and be viewed by customers as a valuable resource
- Demonstrated ability to influence and coach others while providing sound guidance on employee relations issues
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: Employees can expect to be paid between $110,000 to $160,000 in cash compensation. Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors