Header Operator - #196687
Amsted Automotive Group
Date: 06/08/2022 07:30 AM
City: Oxford, Mississippi
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
ABOUT THE ROLE
SMW Manufacturing is now the newest business unit of the Amsted Automotive Group, a premier technology organization specializing in complex metalworking and high tech machining equipment and processes. Amsted Automotive is a growing company that embraces the employee experience through driving a positive culture, respecting and implementing your ideas and providing opportunities for career growth. As an employee owned company, you will share in the overall financial success of the business.
If this is attractive to you, we are looking to add a Header Operator to our Oxford, MS team!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Set up and operates machine that automatically performs multi-operations.
- Performs first piece inspection of part with optical inspection equipment, or equivalent measurement equipment.
- Adjust controls to synchronize machine actions for various operations on each customized job.
- Read and understand tool layouts and part progressions.
- Will perform developmental set-ups and prototyping on new parts.
- Confer with other workers about machine setups and operational specifications.
- Shall observe operations to detect machine malfunctions and to verify that machine setups conform to specifications.
- Measure and inspect formed parts to ensure conformance to product specifications.
- Read blueprints to determine specified tolerances and sequences of operations for machine setup.
- Position and move work pieces through a series of dies that compress and shape stock to form die impressions.
- Adjust wedges & brass settings to set pressures and depths of ram strokes and to synchronize machine operations.
- Repair, maintain, and/or replace tooling when worn, broken or out of print
- Remove tooling from machines when production runs are finished. View More...
- Use overhead crane, forklift, and hand truck to bring and remove supplies as needed.
- Use measuring instruments to ensure and record quality information.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Incentive Bonus
- Medical, Vision, Dental
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Short-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health and Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Discount Programs