PT Hannaford To Go Shopper - #196722
Date: 06/08/2022 08:00 AM
City: Hancock, Massachusetts
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
PT Hannaford To Go Shopper
Posting Date: 6/7/2022
Location: Valatie, NY
Address: USA-NY-Valatie-2967 Route 9
Store Code: Store 08364 Management (7247689)
Hannaford Supermarkets started out as a fresh produce vendor in Portland, Maine way back in 1883, and is still connected to those early roots as a local market. Hannaford actively seeks out farmers and producers to join our Local program which celebrates not only local foods, but the preservation of farmland, local traditions and local jobs. The connection we have to the source of our fresh foods is core to the way we do business, becoming the first major supermarket in the United States to document that all its seafood products were sustainably harvested
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide outstanding friendly customer service.
- Observe and follow all company policies and established procedures.
- Clean and assist in prompt cleanup of spills and breakage.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and follow company personal appearance policy.
- Assist in special projects and perform other functions as assigned by supervision.
- Work within our company’s management planning (MPA) guidelines to maintain productivity.
- Support and comply with all company safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed. Keep work area free from debris and safety hazards.
- Treat all associates with fairness, dignity, and respect.
- Control excessive use of store supplies, such as ribbons, receipt tape, bags, labels and cleaning materials.
- Sweep floors during store hours and assist in other cleaning duties as assigned. Record on designated forms any price discrepancies and/or any “not on file” items that are encountered on electronic point-of-sale terminal, request price checks promptly on any such items according to company policy.
- Observe security standards by staying alert and being aware of customers’ actions and behavior. Report to manager or security any abnormal behavior.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Effective communication and customer service skills.
- Must meet minimum age requirements to perform specific job functions.
- Willingness to learn multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the technical requirements of the job.
- Perform repetitive hand/armmotions while standing the majority of the shift.
- Continuous fine finger motions such as pinching, grasping when handling money.
- Bend and lift products weighing up to 15 pounds continuously, 25 pounds frequently, and 50 pounds on occasion.
- Push or pull up to 75 pounds on occasion.
- Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials, fresh fruits, vegetables, house plants/flowers and household cleaners.
- Have sufficient visual acuity to read the RF unit display screen as well as check identification cards, checks, invoices and other written documents.
- Greet all customers and provide them with prompt courteous service and assistance.
- Accurately match all items from the customer’s on-line shopping list.
- Ability to shop multiple customer orders simultaneously using the designated tools and equipment.
- Substitute items for customers if they request it.
- Assist customers picking up orders at designated pickup location.
- Recognize or differentiate between all of the various types of produce merchandise carried in the store, including differences between varieties of similar classes of products(e.g., apples, lettuces, etc..).
- Bag or package merchandise according to established company policies and procedures. Label and store in designated area for customer pickup.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Hannaford provides equal opportunity in employment to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions), age, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law
Job Requisition: 252976_external_USA-NY-Valatie_672022