Pharmacy Clerk - #196737
Brookshire Grocery Company
Date: 06/08/2022 08:00 AM
City: Mansfield, Louisiana
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Brookshire Grocery Company (BGC) is a family business based in Tyler, Texas, and currently operates more than 180 stores in three states – Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas – with three distribution centers and a corporate office. BGC prides itself on offering its partners one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry which includes medical, prescription drug, vision, dental, paid time off, stock ownership, a 401k retirement plan, incentive plans, employee discounts, educational scholarships, and access to BGC’s 205-acre outdoor recreation area.
Performs a variety of clerical, non-professional pharmacy tasks such as retrieving and packaging prescriptions, entering customer data, and ensures efficient checkout services. Provides exceptional customer service by assisting customers with product location, answering questions, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives prescription orders and enters prescription, insurance, and customer information into system. Scans items and keys product codes, ensures correct check-out totals for customers, and maintains accurate money count in cash register drawer.
- Maintains quality control by ensuring dated product is stocked, rotated, or discarded properly if unsold.
- Verifies orders received from Central Fill and suppliers. Takes inventory and ensures stock levels are accurate.
- Ensures filled prescriptions and bulk bottles of medications are organized properly.
- Provides a friendly and customer service-oriented attitude by greeting customers, answering non-prescription questions, and responding to complaints.
- Assists customers with locating and selecting products according to knowledge of over-the-counter items and recommendations from pharmacists.
- Maintains clean, safe and sanitary working and shopping environment by adhering to Company safety procedures. Complies with all Company policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of pharmacy mobile app and web functionality.
- Working knowledge of inventory control and recall/return processes.
- Working knowledge of pharmacy department operations.
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Basic knowledge of cash register.
- Basic knowledge of tender policies and procedures.
- Basic mathematical and counting skills.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and summarize verbal, written, or numerical information.
- Ability to perform basic Microsoft Office functions.
- Ability to learn new technology systems, methods and processes.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to safely work with sharp objects such as knives, box cutters, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate (in written and verbal form) with customers and partners.
- Ability to remain courteous with customers at all times.
- Ability to work flexible schedules including nights, weekends and holidays.
Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- Minimum of 16 years of age required.
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification required.
- Typically involves on-the-job training.
- Continuously required to use close vision, distance vision, depth perception or the ability to focus.
- Continuously required to stand or walk.
- Frequently required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to use hands for reaching, touching or handling.
- Frequently required to use fine finger movements (ex. sorting and typing).
- Frequently required to push, pull, maneuver or lift objects up to 40 lbs.
- Occasionally required to bend, kneel or squat.
- Attendance at work is required.
Work Context and Environment
- Work is generally performed in a retail store.
- Quiet to moderate noise level.
Brookshire Grocery Company strives to provide a safe, drug free and alcohol-free environment for its partners and guests. The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or military status and any other trait protected by law.