MRI Medical Receptionist - #196767
Date: 06/08/2022 08:00 AM
City: Edgewood, Kentucky
Contract type: Part Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Description: General Job Summary: Responsible for performing a variety of clerical duties in a professional manner.
About OrthoCincy: OrthoCincy is the Tri-state’s largest independent orthopaedic care provider. Our physicians treat all types of injuries, literally from head to toe. We have 43 physicians, 14 locations across the Tristate, and counting! We are looking for employees who are positive, energetic, and take pride in their work. Does that sound like you??
Why work for OrthoCincy?
- Positions from entry level to highly experienced
- Tuition and Professional Development Reimbursement
- Fun and Relaxed work environment
- Employee Appreciation events
- Community Outreach
- Work closely with highly skilled and experienced team members
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, PTO, and more
Essential Job Functions:
- Greets, screens, schedules, and directs patients/visitors to appropriate areas.
- Responsible for performing a variety of clerical duties: answers phone calls, takes messages, fax, scan, etc.
- Verify all forms, test results, and other paperwork is in the electronic health records system according to physician and office protocol.
- Obtain prior authorization for patients.
- Obtains, verifies, and updates patient information and provides support services to patients and medical staff.
- Maintain the practice management system.
- Collect payments for services rendered per policy, including copayments and balances on patient accounts.
- Daily drawer balancing.
- Distribute fee tickets, patient registration and medical history.
- Compliance with HIPAA, OSHA, and safety standards of the organization.
- Performs other duties that may be necessary or in the best interest of the practice.
. Requirements: Education/Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one year of experience in a customer service position, preferably in a medical practice setting.
- Previous medical assisting knowledge preferred.
- CPR/AED and First Aid certification preferred.
Schedules will change as department needs change, including overtime and weekends. Travel as needed.
- Knowledge and proper use of office equipment.
- Knowledge of practice management and electronic health records systems.
Skills: Skilled in communicating effectively with providers, staff, patients and vendors.
- Ability to multitask effectively.
- Ability to communicate calmly and clearly with patients, physicians, vendors and staff.
- Ability to analyze situations and respond appropriately.
- Ability to use math skills to accurately complete daily balancing and provide accurate change to the patient.
Equipment Operated: Standard office equipment.
Work Environment: Medical Office. Involves sitting approximately 90 percent of the day.
Job Type: Part-time