Medical Assistant - #196771
Date: 06/08/2022 08:00 AM
City: Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Location: Scranton, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Patient Support, Nursing and Nursing Support
Work Type: Full time
Department: Scranton Orthopaedics Team
Date Posted: 06/07/2022
Job ID: R-32905
Job SummarySupports patients and providers within the outpatient setting by performing basic direct patient care activities
- Provides basic patient care duties such as taking vital signs, weights, assisting patient with ambulation, dressing and undressing for examination, as directed by the provider and clinical supervisor.
- Assists provider in setting up for minor procedures, gathering supplies and equipment, applying aseptic dressings, opening supplies, etc.
- Obtains and accurately documents patient information using the rooming tool within the electronic medical record.
- Completes medication review.
- Accompanies providers and care team members during patient examinations and assists as directed.
- Provides support and assistance to patients as needed.
- Reinforces patient instructions to enhance patient understanding and adherence to treatment, and plan of care.
- Collects and prepares lab specimens, and completes associated paperwork, forms, and documentation to expedite laboratory studies with accuracy and efficiency.
- Reports patient concerns and questions to appropriate care team member and follows through as directed.
- Reports all patient safety incidents or issues, patient and family complaints, serious events, environmental hazards immediately to supervisor.
- Provides onsite service recovery as applicable or as delegated by supervisor.
- Completes Midas reports as per policy.
- May have access to non-controlled medication storage and supply areas and can transport non-controlled medications as necessary to meet the needs of the clinic and unit.
- Inventories and orders supplies based on appropriate or established inventory levels.
- Checks for expired items and removes expired supplies from inventory.
- Assists in maintaining clean and organized work environment.
- Cleans equipment and routinely inspects condition and operation of equipment as appropriate to scope of role.
- Cleans and prepares exam rooms between patients.
- Assures adequate stock of supplies and equipment in rooms.
- Performs high level disinfection or sterilization per policy and procedure.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.