Front Desk Receptionist - #196797
STRIDE Community Health Center
Date: 06/08/2022 08:00 AM
City: Lakewood, Colorado
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
In an aim to help keep our patients, staff, and communities safe, STRIDE requires that all hired employees be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and to obtain an annual flu shot. STRIDE CHC employees are also required to be screened for tuberculosis and to complete a PPD test.
What will you be doing in this role? A successful candidate will:
The Front Desk Receptionist arranges for the efficient registration of patients for all service lines. Ensures all incoming telephone calls are promptly and courteously answered. Directs visitors to appropriate areas and assists patients based on their needs. Participates in the collection process of co-pays, co-insurance, deductibles, and discount fees. Arranges for patients to speak with financial navigator/enrollment specialist if needed.
Essential Duties/Position Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates professional behavior with the public, patients, and peers at all times
- Registers, check-in, and checks-out patients for all services
- Maintains charts, and ensures Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) and OSHA compliance while demonstrating understanding of regulation
- Collects and uploads all necessary documentation and consents
- Promptly and accurately updates patient records including financial and demographic information
- Promptly coordinates scheduling of new patient referrals, gathers necessary information, and schedules appointments accordingly
- Collects copayment and account balances at time of service
- Acts as liaison between patients and Billing Department regarding charges, payments, and insurance
- Schedules appointments according to the scheduling guidelines
- Assists in Medical Records duties as needed
- Assists in the training of new front desk personnel
- Contacts patients to follow up on no-shows and reschedule appointment
- Ensures all schedules are filled and maintained
- Works closely and communicates consistently with internal staff to ensure continuity of care
- Efficiently handles multiple clerical/administrative tasks in a fast-paced environment and effectively adapts to change
- Supports other STRIDE clinics based on the needs of the organization
- Ensures the waiting room is cleaned, sanitized, and neat at all times
- Follows up on all correspondence sent to/from Customer Care Center regarding patient appointments
- Attends all staff meetings and all other meetings as assigned.
- Additional duties as assigned
Knowledge, skill, and ability:
- Ability to interact positively and build rapport with patients, coworkers and/or external contacts.
- Ability to work independently and organize work in a manner that ensures accuracy and efficiency.
- Skill in using a variety of office equipment including but not limited to postal machines, printers and fax/scanners.
- Ability to organize large mailing projects with accuracy on a weekly basis.
- Ability to follow directions.
A successful candidate will possess the following education or formal training:
Education or Formal Training: High school diploma/GED required (Associate degree preferred)
A successful candidate will possess experience:
Experience: One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 1+ years experience working front desk in a medical or dental setting preferred.
Material and equipment directly used: Computer, printer, multi-line telephone systems, fax machine, copy machine, calculator, and all Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel, internet, and the Electronic Medical Records system.
Working environment/physical activities: Office environment within a clinical setting. Enters data into computer programs via computer, mouse, and keyboard. Moves about the office environment and occasionally to other locations. Moves/transports objects up to 25 lbs frequently and up to 75 lbs occasionally to various locations throughout the metro area. Communicates information to others. Discerns/analyzes information from others to assist in decision making.
*A valid drivers license will be required for any position requiring driving between STRIDE locations. *
Join Us. Together We Improve lives.
STRIDE conducts a background check, criminal history, education, license, and certification.
STRIDE recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our organization. STRIDE is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status. STRIDE does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
- Medical, Dental, and Optional Vision Insurance.
- Paid-Time-Off (PTO).
- Company Paid Life Insurance.
- A 401K retirement savings plan & match!
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care options.
A successful candidate will live STRIDE ICARE values:
Integrity doing the right thing even when no one is watching.
Compassion meeting the patient where theyre at with empathy.
Accountability doing what we say were going to do.
Respect showing attention to human dignity.
Excellence having a growth mindset; striving to learn more and practice continuous improvement.