Business Analyst - #196822
American Heart Association
Date: 06/08/2022 08:30 AM
City: Chattanooga, Tennessee
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Are you ready to join an organization where you can be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives?
Envision all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every single day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? you bet!
This is satisfying work that makes a real difference in people's lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a lifesaving impact. You will partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare.
The Business Analyst is responsible for facilitating development and documentation of reports requirements with business owners and technology teams. Responsible for analyzing reports and data for quality and accuracy, assessing business reporting needs, finding common grounds among various reports to increase efficiencies, improve analytics and assist with predictive intelligence. Responsible for eliciting, analyzing, defining, and delivering reports from initiation through closure.
Essential Job Duties
- Capture, analyze, and document business data requirements, workflow processes, and process improvements. Conduct interviews with business leaders and domain experts to elicit and identify user requirements.
- Translate business requirements to technical requirements in conjunction with technical team. Document and gain approval for requirements from project team and business sponsor.
- Provide data analysis for integration requirements, reporting needs, and other functions. Maintain effective communications with supervisor, project managers and team members.
- Trace requirements to deployed system to ensure all the requirements are met. Participate in development and deployment process as needed.
- Create use cases and test scripts for functional and user acceptance testing and serve as liaison to business during UAT process. Identify and resolve defects as requested.
- Provide status updates and reporting while meeting project schedule, deadlines, landmarks, and budget. Advise the Project Manager of technical issues, project barriers and resolutions.
- Provide use cases and other documentation for development of training and user documentation. Assist in developing training documents as requested or needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or related certifications
- Five (5) years of experience with one or more of the assigned line of business applications and systems, including advanced features of Microsoft Office Professional Suite
- Five (5) years of experience with developing, writing, and analyzing reports
- Five (5) years of experience with data integrations and data set-up
- Competent in trouble shooting reports and identifying solutions
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and prioritize to meet competing deadlines
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics and Luminate Data Structures
- Knowledge of, or experience with VSTS software a plus
- Knowledge and experience with industry known fundraising systems and software
Click on “New Resume” (or “Existing Resume” if you have previously applied to AHA positions) to submit your online application. Only those deemed most qualified will be contacted to interview.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter #TheAHALife
EOE Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Posted Date 6 hours ago (6/7/2022 4:58 PM)
Requisition ID 2020-5831
Job Category Information Technology
Additional Locations Diversity Distribution US - Top 47
Position Type Full Time