PC Maintenance Tech II - #196826
University of Maryland Medical System
Date: 06/08/2022 08:30 AM
City: Sherwood, Maryland
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Under general supervision, performs all maintenance tasks, troubleshooting and repair of various UMMS computers, printers, network connectivity, office & mobile phones located throughout the organization. Helps maintains a spare parts inventory of systems, subsystems, and component parts used in repair work, with guidance. Updates progress reports for all work performed. Receives general work direction from supervisor on work priorities and daily assignments. Helps mentor Desktop Support Analyst, I position.
II. Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
Assists with installation or relocation of computer equipment, such as PC’s, thin client’s, printers, and other associated hardware at user locations ensuring access to electricity, network in accordance with departmental procedures, technical, operating and assembling manuals. Provides first level problem analysis. Masters base knowledge of assigned applications, hardware and network to support clinical and business environments. Resolves or escalates service requests when necessary. Performs technical downloads and PC configurations with general guidance.
- Uses helpdesk call tracking application to log all service and update requests accurately and detailed. Collects data from customers to aid problem determination / resolution of request. Provides information to the Helpdesk for on-going follow up to customers until resolution of issue.
- Assists customers to identify and specify the nature of the request or problem. Uses guidance from Senior Technicians as required. Troubleshoots simple to complex issues and assists customers with various systems issues including Microsoft, PC/Laptop/desk & mobile phones, printer, software, peripherals, and network connectivity issues with general direction.
- Participates in IT Tiered support teams by obtaining and providing appropriate information for escalated issues.
- Participates in maintaining an inventory of parts used and needed to re-order, including testing parts received for stock to ensure an effective level of service.
- Participates in project activities providing support as requested. Will include learning how to gather data to help drive project outcomes.
- Assists in collection and analysis of real-time trending information.
- Position is considered to be an Essential Employee.
What You Need to Be Successful:
III. Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) with minimum of 2 years of experience in IT industry is required.
- CompTIA A+ (Plus) certification highly preferred.
IV. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Intermediate knowledge of Active Directory.
- Intermediate knowledge of PC’s, printer hardware and software configurations.
- Intermediate knowledge of repair, troubleshooting techniques and test equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to read and follow instructions accurately, timely and effectively.
- Effective communication and organization skills; demonstrates confidence and creativity.
- Positive customer service skills and the ability to work with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to perform daily work activities of the position assuring prompt and effective response to customer needs.
- Ability to analyze problems with help of senior technical people, ability to assess customer needs and determining appropriate solutions.
- Ability to understand and adhere to systems security and control procedures in accordance with departmental, vendor standards and regulatory bodies.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.